no riding in montana right now!!!!!!!

Got questions? We got answers....
parker72001

no riding in montana right now!!!!!!!

Post by parker72001 »

right now it's so dry that we can't ride from 1:00pm to 1:00am, lame. i don't watch the news a lot so this might already be over but still that sucks, no combustion engines on trails, lame. :butthead:
Parker Woods, 20 years old,
'04 KDX 220R
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

When you turn 18, you may want to consider voting.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
gwhII

Post by gwhII »

Now I did see the positive reason for that rule over the weekend. It was REAL dry where I was riding and a fire started and it went from nothing to 2+ acres in a few minutes thanks to a decent wind. Luckily a fire dept with a couple brush rigs were close and put it out before it got bigger. We also got an afternoon shower which helped. There'll always be other good days to ride. :-)

-G
'03 KDX200 -Mine
'03 CRF230 - Daughter's
'03 XR100R - Son's
'02 CBR600F4i - Street
'63 Seagrave 531B, '42 Seagrave Aerial
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

This is an unusual occurrence in Montana?

Woods close every year...sometimes as early as May, sometime not until the later parts of August.

Another post notes that British Columbia has been shutdown since April? THAT I don't get.

It's not inevitable..although pretty close. It won't be long before off road riding of any sort (other than shared use roads) will be an, 'I remember when.....'

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Did you read my post here?
>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:California definately needs the help of these organizations but Montana is in the worse shape according to the Blue Ribbon Coalition!
http://www.sharetrails.org/magazine.cfm?story=669

Most of the efforts need to be focused there. But there are small fires to put out all over the country. These smaller areas are places that the eco-freaks can get a foothold since the attention is not focused there. We really have to keep our ears to the ground and look for any of this activity and make ourselves heard.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Non related but thought I'd share....

Coming home from work this morning (3am) I rode up a street that I never ride near my house.

Sunday night I heard many fire trucks on the same street sO I thought I'd come home that way too see what all the comotion was about.

So there I am cruising on my V-Strom up the street when I notice this large plume of smoke coming from a backyard of a vacant house, as I get past the house I can see the whole back yard is on fire!

I tore my gloves off and fumbled for my cell phone, I grabbed it turned it on and dialed 911! As it starts to ring I discover I can't talk on the phone with my helmet on so I try unsuccessfulyl to get it off one handed, finally I get it off
Rang about 6 friggen times! Finally they answer and I tell 'em about the fire

I'm sitting there in the dark wondering what to do next??? So I turn on my emergency flashers and head over to the house next door and pound on the door! No answer! f'n great so I go back to the bike and as I hear the sirens off in the distance I notice I'm parked pretty close to the fire hydrant, so I move the bike across the street. Then I see headlites, its a Sheriff doing about 5mph! Drives right by me and the fire and keeps on going, but still at about 5mph!

I'm getting PISSED! Then I see flashing lights! Its the fire truck! And they miss the street!!!
Just drive right on by.... Meanwhile the fire is growing, flames close to 10 feet high, getting very close to houses

I throw on my Arai and race down the street , about 65mph in 2nd! Reach the stop sign where I notice two cop cars but no f'n fire truck! I scream out where's the @#$%&* fire truck
Scew it I head back down the street and park in front of the house with my flashers still on

Bought that time I notice the firetruck was in the alley just behind the house :roll:

They put it out :grin:
end of story :supz:

Finally I've calmed down enough I think I'll go to bed!
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
parker72001

Post by parker72001 »

it probably does happen a lot but this is my first year of really riding so now i notice it, if i'm not riding, im not really into hiking or anything so i wouldn't know.
Parker Woods, 20 years old,
'04 KDX 220R
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Good job, wibby! Wild story!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

We had some excitement like that a while back Wib. My neighbors were having wood floors installed. They split and left the contractor there. He finished for the day and left too. a few hours later a dude is pounding on our door. My 14 year old answers, and the highly agitated mexican guy is asking him if he speaks spanish. Kyle's only taken it for 4 years, so he says no. The guy is jumping around, Kyle follows him out and finds a big fire between our two houses. The contractor piled a bunch of off-cuts and trash up next to two trees, and split. It's all burning and the tress are smoldering. Kyle grabbed the hose and put it out, my wife called the fire dept. They poked through it and said it was spontaineous combustion of oily rags the contractor wadded up and put in a bag full of saw dust. What a genious. If that Mexican dude hadn't stopped by, it definitly woulda taken the neighbors house, and possibly ours from the trees going up. That contractor don't come around here no more.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220