Output shaft collar

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXrider1989

Output shaft collar

Post by KDXrider1989 »

I recently ordered a new collar that goes right behind the drive sprocket and it looks very different from the original. First off, it doesn't have that groove that's a little offset to one side, or is there even supposed to be one? And the original collar is flat on both ends, whereas the new one has an inward step on one end, as if its supposed to slide over something. Is that the side that goes into the casing and slides on top of the o-rings? That would be my best guess, but I just want to make sure. I would upload a pic, but I lost my camera at the moment

I also plan on getting into the right side casing while Im changing out the seal and collar to see why my KDX shifts kinda hard, what should I be looking for?
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Output shaft collar

Post by dfeckel »

The offset groove on your old collar was worn there over the years by the seal. Your new one will eventually get one of those, too. The chamfered side should face in when putting it on.

Hard shifting? Make sure everything in the shifter mechanism is tightened up properly. You can do that with the right inner cover removed. If it's a bent shifter fork, you'll need to split cases to fix that. Of course, new fluid in the tranny usually gets my shifting feeling good again.
David Eckel
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Output shaft collar

Post by KDXGarage »

What year bike do you have?

What is the part number?

I seem to remember an indention that the o-ring fit into.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128