Dyna Ring Users - Question on Group Buy

Got questions? We got answers....
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I was curious if anyone who owns a Dyna Ring would be interested in a group buy on some tungsten carbide bearing balls to adjust the engagement RPM of their Dynas? U.S. shops are just too damn expensive ($32 :shock: vs. $1 to $5 each ) so I'm thinking about placing an order to mainland China to get them at a decent price. The problem comes when others want to do it as well but they missed out on the great price break that comes with ordering from an overseas wholesaler. So, if you are interested, please let me know!

BTW, I also plan to look into finding a short spring which also, according to Rekluse's literature on their own products, will also lower the engagement RPM.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
sped66
Supporting Member

Post by sped66 »

I don't want to pay a lot for an experiment. But if we can get them on the cheap I'd be interested.
(On a side note, I reinstalled my stock clutch today.)
In the stable: '00 KDX220R, '02 XR250R
Gone but not forgotten: '80 XR80, '87 XR200R, '94 KDX250, '01 YZ426F, '86 XR220R
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Well, I don't think it is much of an experiment. After reading Rekluse's literature and how to adjust the Zstart Pro it only makes sense that the same would work for the Dyna. It is a shame that Revloc didn't offer us the tungsten balls and alternate springs so we could dial in our Dynas to our liking. Of course, that is also probably one off the reasons that they could offer them at such an affordable price.
'11 GasGas EC250R
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

Before I sold my DR, I cut off 3/4 of one coil on the extra springs that came with it. That was too much b/c it wouldn't even work. It doesn't appear to take much.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Thanks for the info Ted. That should help in finding the right spring. I can tell you guys that I am determined to make this work the way I like it!
'11 GasGas EC250R
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I finally got a response from Rekluse on the availability of their 5/16" tungsten bearing balls. The cost is $4 each and it is part #432-308.

Seeing as the Dyna has 6 ball sections with 6 balls each (at least on the E series version anyways), I would think to keep the rotational mass balanced you would need to install/remove the balls in groups of 3's and to space them evenly. I might start off with ordering 6 and see how that works. For anyone wondering how a Dyna Ring works here is a pic of the inner workings.

'11 GasGas EC250R