I finally got to ride it

Got questions? We got answers....
huggyb1972

I finally got to ride it

Post by huggyb1972 »

Yesterday I received in the mail a new/used front brake caliper for my KDX I went ahead and installed it got it bled out and all is good. I thought well I ought to see if it is ready to run so i gassed it up pulled it out of the garage pulled the choke and surprisingly it cracked off on the first kick. Getting down to business I took it on a little ride but could not get the clutch to grab hard enough to really get past second so I came back to the shop and popped the clutch cover off to find all of the bolts loose. I tightened them up and then could not get the clutch to release. back apart again came in and looked at a fiche picture from bike bandit and found out who ever worked on this thing before I had it put the spacer for the clutch basket in front of the clutch basket rather than behind. Once back together checked it real quick and and got the clutch adjusted pretty well and went for A ride. I am very pleased to know that this bike is trying to to pull the front wheel in the first 4 gears, the first KDX I had did not run like this one I am a more than a little excited. :boogie:
Deseret Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

I finally got to ride it

Post by Deseret Rider »

Huggy----that's great news----but you have to be kidding us. Octogenarian wheele rider? I'm a decade and some behind you and prone to keep that front wheel on the ground----good for you.
The Duck of Deseret (Deseret was Utah's first name)
the machinist
Supporting Member

I finally got to ride it

Post by the machinist »

good feeling, isn't it. :boogie: :boogie:
-matt
huggyb1972

Re: I finally got to ride it

Post by huggyb1972 »

Holy old thread Batman

I still own the thing, but it hasn't been out of the garage since the last post. I am getting it out this week and prepping all my stuff to go riding and taking my daughters to teach them how to ride over their spring break. I located a by technical terms a 95' basketcase KDX200. I am riding this year if it kills me and now I have spare parts or an extra bike depending on how baskety the basket case is.
Deseret Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Deseret Rider »

Good to hear from you again Huggy. I'm a young whippersnapper in mid 70's and also looking forward to riding my two KDX's and my WR 450 soon-----too bad you live so far away----I'd like to ride with you---and introduce you to my mother (she never did ride though). Ha Ha :rock:
chippy

Post by chippy »

So you think he is really 91+ years old? Or 42 years as his user name implies. If he has daughters who have a spring break, I'm guessing the latter! :yawinkle:
Deseret Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Deseret Rider »

Chippy----Kudo's to you for picking up on that---I'll bet you are right! He's a sly old fox though and if he was still fathering children in his 70's or 80's maybe we ought to be trying to find out how he does it. How about it Huggy? Are you going to come clean and correct your BIO or are we going to have to come waterboard you to learn your secret ?
huggyb1972

Post by huggyb1972 »

:lol: I'm guessing I may need to have my eyes checked. I somehow choose 1922 which makes way more sense on the last couple of posts .

So this the latest KDX I brought home it 's a 95' model the PO had plans of putting the motor in a KX 125 chassis for hill climbs. I saw a ad on CL for the rolling chassis $100 so naturaly I gave a call to the guy. we shook hands on $400 for all the parts.