Power valve removal

Got questions? We got answers....
Geepeaeh200

Power valve removal

Post by Geepeaeh200 »

What am I doing wrong? The barrel is on the bench, stripping down for plating. I have followed the manual but the main power valve will not pull out - idler gear removed and the other two valves lifted. Having removed the cir clip from the main valve i can remove the surrounding aluminum barrel, but the valve itself will not pull out at all. I can see the the valve itself will rotate and "wobble" but will not pull out so I cannot remove the main rod. Any ideas?
Geepeaeh200

Power valve removal

Post by Geepeaeh200 »

Should add that it is a E3 1993 model
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Power valve removal

Post by Julien D »

Leave the clip on the main valve and the aluminum sleeve installed. With the activating rod at full extension (as if it's extended during operation, set screw installed) Pull the sleeve and main valve out just until the line that is engraved into the aluminum collar is visible. It's maybe a quarter inch out. Now remove the set screw and collar that secures the actuating rod, support the subvalves so the top of the gear is flush with the cylinder, and remove the actuating rod from the cylinder. Now you can extract the main and subvalves with nothing in the way.