oh the irony

Got questions? We got answers....
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

oh the irony

Post by diymirage »

As some of you may know i recently ordered an oversized. Clarke tank for my bike
I was riding yesterday and hit reserve. Stopped by the house before hitting the gasstation and lo and behold my new tank is sitting on my doorstep
20 minutes later it was installed on the bike and ready to go (no fitment issues whatsoever...pics coming soon)
So now im ready to really fuel up but first i needed my trusty can of oil
It was then i realized that while i could now carry 3.6 gallons of fuel i only had enough oil for 1the gallon

Lol
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
tommyd
Supporting Member

oh the irony

Post by tommyd »

diymirage wrote:As some of you may know i recently ordered an oversized. Clarke tank for my bike
I was riding yesterday and hit reserve. Stopped by the house before hitting the gasstation and lo and behold my new tank is sitting on my doorstep
20 minutes later it was installed on the bike and ready to go (no fitment issues whatsoever...pics coming soon)
So now im ready to really fuel up but first i needed my trusty can of oil
It was then i realized that while i could now carry 3.6 gallons of fuel i only had enough oil for 1the gallon

Lol
A word of caution... when I bought mine there was a "corkscrew" of plastic debris hanging off off thr hole for the petcock. It was reall hard to see... until it was in the float bowl. I flushed the tank each time but it took 3-4 carb teardowns to get it all out before I saw it in the tank. I used a small knife blade to scrape around the inside of the petcock hole and finally got it all. I don't have screens on my petcock so that might have eliminated the problem.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

oh the irony

Post by diymirage »

the instructions actually called for the same caution followed by the suggestion of flushing the tank out so i did that

tommyd
Supporting Member

oh the irony

Post by tommyd »

diymirage wrote:the instructions actually called for the same caution followed by the suggestion of flushing the tank out so i did that
Directions? What are these directions that you speak of? Maybe that's why it was on sale so cheap! I think it was $199 a couple years ago, only in white.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

oh the irony

Post by diymirage »

I paid less then that (shipping included) only a few weeks ago
And here is the kicker...since my bike came with a purple thank that isnt offered by clarcke i actually CHOOSE a white tank
(Again...pics coming later)