whats this bent stem I see on the frame for? *pic included*

Got questions? We got answers....
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

This will most likely never be resolved. For me, they're grab handles. For others, protection for a 2" piece of exhaust. Not sure why they'd choose to protect ONLY that 2 inch section, but whatever. :mrgreen:
LTOWNKDXER

Post by LTOWNKDXER »

Well i dont know whats wrong with your bike. Sorry.
REMEMBER IF YOU AREN'T SCARED, THEN YOU AREN' T RIDING FAST ENOUGH!!! BY THE WAY ,THEY PELTED US WITH ROCKS AND GARBAGE!!!
LTOWNKDXER

Post by LTOWNKDXER »

That was for rbate about sorry about his bike.
REMEMBER IF YOU AREN'T SCARED, THEN YOU AREN' T RIDING FAST ENOUGH!!! BY THE WAY ,THEY PELTED US WITH ROCKS AND GARBAGE!!!
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by newbbewb »

I use them for grab handles all the time. Good leverage point. There is nowhere else to grab. Someone mentioned the rear fender and I don't see how a guy could pick the back of the bike up without ripping the fender off. I really like the Yamaha stuff that has the integrated holes in the plastic. Older wr500 and yz250 if I'm not mistaken.

Not too long ago I was riding my buddies 01 yz250f and went to grab on the right side of the bike (where the kdx "grab handles" are) and grabbed his stinking exhaust pipe. Three days later half the skin on my hand was falling off.
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
LTOWNKDXER

Post by LTOWNKDXER »

Well i don't know what is going on with other peoples bike but i have an 89' KDX and and the pipe is a full 5 inches away and if your bike is right you will notice how the bent stem runs right along the edge of your plastic and when you grab the bent stem with 4fingers under the handle and your thumb perpendicular to the ground and pointing to front of bike, not only are you doing it properly but it just feels natural. It couldn't be a pipe protector, its no where near the pipe and it would need to run the entire 4 feet of the pipe and arrester. This is not a debate, we aren't beating a dead horse, that is just what they are. They were designed for you to lift your bike onto a stand. Its not rocket science. P.S.- In no way do i disrespect any opinions, and i have read some very creative ideas about the bent stem, come on guys i believe some are over thinking it..its a grab handle. Thanks i appreciate you all. Got ride catcha later.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: whats this bent stem I see on the frame for? *pic includ

Post by Julien D »

Next time you see an H bike try to lift it by that handle. Doesn't feel "natural" like our E bikes. Like these guys have pointed out, the pipe is in the way.
LTOWNKDXER

Post by LTOWNKDXER »

I was thinking that. I know that was the original intent. I will find out what happened on the H.
LTOWNKDXER

Post by LTOWNKDXER »

I'll get back to you soon. Waiting on a reply from my source. Thanks again guys.
stomlinson

Post by stomlinson »

could they be for tying gear down on the back of the seat?
tirebiter

Post by tirebiter »

Well I thought it was a boot scraper, but wrong again- too small & high.
BUT, after last weekend's ride, I finally figured it out... :wink:
If I can't do it, I'm sure someone else can!
hbgod

Post by hbgod »

there not even on the "c" series lol. but i can grap the frame under the rear fender like my old CRF. but the yamahas do have those nice grab handles in alot of the number plates :)
If you ain't Mixin Gas, You ain't Haulin Ass!