kdx 250sr gearbox

Got questions? We got answers....
boghopper 250

kdx 250sr gearbox

Post by boghopper 250 »

Hi. I have decided that I would like to get my 1990 250 sr out of mothballs as it used to give me so much pleasure when I used to take it outon the trails. I am treating it to a complete engine rebuild as the mains are shot. I was wondering if it was a fairly simple job to get the gears and selector back in correctly, I know it's a bit of a fiddle but is it possible to put it back together wrong if everything seems to be locating properly and is present. Sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find anything about it. Atb Sean
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

kdx 250sr gearbox

Post by Julien D »

It's fairly straightforward. If you take pictures when you tear it down, that will certainly help when you reassemble.

Welcome to KDXRider!
boghopper 250

kdx 250sr gearbox

Post by boghopper 250 »

Many thanks for your quick reply... and the welcome. I think you probably understand that it seems a bit daunting, esp. how the shift fork pins locate in the shift drum grooves. Looking at them they only seem to locate in the drum one way. I take it that it's best to select neutral before dismantling and assembly? atb Sean
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

kdx 250sr gearbox

Post by scheckaet »

we don't have many pictures or tread for the 250 sr, would you mind taking lots of pics before, during and after?
I think that'd be very useful for others.
boghopper 250

kdx 250sr gearbox

Post by boghopper 250 »

I'll see what I can do, I understand that sr's are quite rare, is that the case... it will be really nice to get it back together and running again. I'm not going for the full restoration I just want to get it muddy again... It,s much more fun than my exc... I'll keep you posted.