Aftermarket brake pedal

Got questions? We got answers....
broadwayron

Aftermarket brake pedal

Post by broadwayron »

I've got a 2000 kdx220 and mangled my brake pedal today in a rocky hare scramble. I'm going to try and bend it back (heh, it was almost wrapped around the footpeg- no idea how I did that), but if I can't, or it breaks, I'm wondering if I have any options other than the stock pedal. I need to bend it so it's lower, too (even in the lowest setting, it's still too damn high).
2000 KDX220
2009 TE610
ChubbyWookie

Aftermarket brake pedal

Post by ChubbyWookie »

On my 220 I used one from a 2004 kxf250 ( i did have to turn a bushing on the lathe) and installed a MSR brake saver.
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Aftermarket brake pedal

Post by KarlP »

The nice thing about the stock pedal is that it can be bent repeatedly into all kinds of odd shapes. It is steel and won't snap.

I put a KX125 lever on for a while. It required changing the mount. The pedal felt nice once I got it adjusted. The first stump I hit snapped it right off. Aluminum pedals don't like to bend.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aftermarket brake pedal

Post by kawagumby »

KarlP wrote:The nice thing about the stock pedal is that it can be bent repeatedly into all kinds of odd shapes. It is steel and won't snap.
I wouldn't trade that steel pedal for anything, LOL, it is amazing how well it can be reshaped! I always use a brake snake too, it helps.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
broadwayron

Aftermarket brake pedal

Post by broadwayron »

Thanks for the advice... I was pretty surprised how easily I could bend it (using a pipe for leverage). I even got the pedal in a much better position (I hope)- the previous owner had it so high that I had to practically lift my foot to use it.
Kinda makes me want to replace the aluminum pedal on my other bike, because that's just bound to break one day.
I also ordered brake snakes today- never used 'em before, but I'll give it a shot.
2000 KDX220
2009 TE610