would you use this to haul the bike? (updated with pics)

Got questions? We got answers....
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: would you use this to haul the bike? (updated with pics)

Post by diymirage »

please dont limit yourself to sending me 10 cent trinkets on my behalf...i'll take the 50 cent trinkets aswell :lol:

as for the winter beater, we actually take turns, i only drive a few miles to work and she drivers about 30 miles one way
so in the summer she takes "my" passat which gets good gas mileage and i take "her" winterbeater and in the winter we swap, i take the passat (which does allright anyway) and she takes the charger which is practiacally unstoppable
we actually got a great deal on that charger, its an 08 and we bought it in januari 09 for 11K :bravo:

and as far as the driveway goes...it came with the house (which, unlike the car isn't paid off)

now, as for me being thrifty...sure i wont deny that
im always looking for a good deal

but at the same time i'm very generous aswell so im sure it all evens out in the end :)
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
K50X200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by K50X200 »

diymirage wrote:thanks for the advice but i ended up buying a used trailer almost a year ago (scroll down from the post you qouted and you'll see)
Yeah - about 2 seconds after I posted that I realized how old the post was. :?
The trailer looks like a nice setup!
I'm using a 6' utility trailer with sides but the KDX just fits in there - half the back wheel sticks out...
Hit some railroad tracks on the way back from Rausch Creek a couple weeks ago and the bike fell halfway out the back of the trailer, only stayed in the trailer because one of the straps happened to stay hooked - the rear wheel was about 6" off the ground. :shock:
I never felt so lucky that it didn't fall the whole way out, should've played the lottery on the way home 'cause it was definitely my lucky day... :grin:
"00 KDX200 - Baja Designs D/S Kit, '03 KLX300 Forks, KB5 Suspension Mods, Keihn 35 ASQV, Boyesen Rad Valve, Gnarly Woods Pipe
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

thanks, im very pleased with how well the trailer does
(i was a little weary about how it would pull after i modfied the tongue but it does perfect)

the center wheelchock is pushed all the way up to the front
the two outside ones sit about a foot or so back so that when you have 3 bikes on there the handle bars dont interfere and the rear wheel (providing they are KDXs or smaller) will still fit on the trailer

you can just see the mount for the outer wheelchock in this picture

you definatly burned through your spare luck on that railroad crossing
hope you didnt go riding afterwards

when i strap my bikes down i run one strap off each side of the handle bars and on through the rear wheel which kinda pulls the bike forwards and into the chock
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike