NEW FORUM LAYOUT - Q/A, Bug Reports, etc.

Got questions? We got answers....
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

On the test site? You'll have to be logged in, and the spellcheck button is above the post in the BBCode bar where quote and image tags and stuff are. Should be the leftmost button. Can you check for me? Want to make sure this works right before we think about putting it on the live forum. I tested it in PM as well, and it seems to work there also. Of course, I don't have every browser installed to test with, but seems to work on the latest firefox, IE9, and latest chrome.

:grin:
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

:supz: I see it on the test site.

But will not run a test spell check. :mrgreen:

MSN browser.
Last edited by it175 on 12:04 pm May 06 2012, edited 1 time in total.
If you ride OVER your head. You WILL land on IT!!!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

What browser are you using? I don't know if it matters, but I had to dump my IE temp files before it would work in IE. Not sure why...

So when you click the button, nothing happens? Or do you get any kind of script error?
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

Updated previous post.

MSN

When I click .... nothing.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

And you have typed something in the post box before you click Spell Check, yes? That might be a silly question, but just making sure...

I'm gonna test from a couple different computers in the house and see how it works on them. On my PC it's working in firefox, chrome, and IE. Will let you know :)
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

Yes AND Yes..... Don't be afraid to ask me those type of ???? REMEMBER I AM :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Tested from every computer in the house, and so far it works on every computer with every browser they have installed. So at least IE8, IE9, IE6, Firefox, and Chrome.

It is a pop up window, you blocking pop ups, or have a toolbar that does so, or anything like that?

Anyone else test it yet? If you could take a second to do so, that would help!

Thanks!

J
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Ok, I convinced myself it's pretty much bug free and installed it on the main forum. You can do your testing here, and let me know if you have any better luck with it.

Thanks again, and keep me posted.

J
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

It works for me. :bravo:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Good good. I might play with the script to see if I can get the appearance of the window to match the forum a bit better. At least it's there for now.

How would ya'll feel about having the option to use a different style for the forum? I know some folks prefer a lighter colored theme. The challenge there is having to make all the customizations to two or more different sets of templates. If people will use it though, I don't mind doing the work. Possibly one or two additional themes to choose from might be good?
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

1. I like the black and gray theme. :grin:
2. I was just using the spell check and when I finished the first time I added a few more lines then checked again and the spell check added a lot of extra letters all over the place.? :hmm: Not sure what was going on but maybe if you try it you might get the same results to see what I am talking about. Try to type out a few lines the spell check then spell check again, then re read what you typed. Might just be me, don't know.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Just tried. Typed some, hit spell check, typed some more, hit spell check again. Seemed to work correctly? Hopefully just a fluke....
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I noticed the useful link are gone (well I can't find them anyway) can we restore them?
(RBD, FRP, bikebandit....)

Another thing i noticed, is it possible to have the picture fit the screen (without reducing the font) automatically?
I know I ask a lot, sorry man.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

by picture, do you mean the forum pages? They should scale down to a point until they can't scale any further, then it will extend off the page. Not sure there's much I can do there.

Links are high on my to-do list. Been having some trouble learning the layout of the new pages, but I'm getting there! Been playing in the sandbox today, I think I'm close.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

yeah, the pictures from photobucket and such. I only see the left part of them (about 1/2 of the pic) unless I reduce the font size to the point I can't read anything.
There used to be a scroll bar to go left and right at the bottom of the page.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Aha. Can you link me one of the threads in question so I don't have to go searching? I can probably find a way of resizing the existing images and then re-syncing it.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

scheckaet wrote:yeah, the pictures from photobucket and such. I only see the left part of them (about 1/2 of the pic) unless I reduce the font size to the point I can't read anything.
There used to be a scroll bar to go left and right at the bottom of the page.
Check now, and see what you think. The max width of an attachment or linked image is now set to be max 100% of the size of the post area. If your resolution is lower, or you shrink your window, the image will scale down. Scrollbars are gone in this version. I think I'd like to have a link added when an image is resized to open the image in it's full size, but that's a little more work. Still looking into it... :mrgreen:

Ok, solution for now. When an image is resized because it is too large for the post area, it will become a clickable link which will open the full size image. I might revisit this in a more elegant fashion later, or even look into putting scroll bars back, but for now this will do the job. :partyman:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Have a look at our new index page, and let me know what you think. It's just a beginning, the layout will be updated and changed. I can disable it pretty easily, if more people find it distracting than useful.

http://kdxrider.net/

The site logo and board index links will still take you straight to our classic forum index page, as will the "forums" link in the menu section to the left.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

If I click the link you posted I get a page with the 404 file not found message.

When I looked at the board index I didn't notice anything different? (Am I missing something?)
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

rbates9 wrote:If I click the link you posted I get a page with the 404 file not found message.

When I looked at the board index I didn't notice anything different? (Am I missing something?)

Yeah I'm an idiot. Try it now.
:mrgreen:

http://kdxrider.net/