NEW FORUM LAYOUT - Q/A, Bug Reports, etc.

Got questions? We got answers....
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Games and some of the links are back up on the homepage. :mrgreen:
Brian
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Brian »

I don't see the games...where are they?
KX 250, KDX 220, KDX 220, KDX 200, CR 80

I don't believe in a society where the thrill of living is traded for the safety of existance---Nick Inatsch
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Brian wrote:I don't see the games...where are they?
+1
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I don't know what you guys are talking about. If I click the link above it takes me straight to the forum index and nothing more. I think the only game going on here is Jason messing with our heads!
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

lol. No, I'm not!

Seems to be a permissions issue. Checking into it....

So it's definitely something to do with groups permissions, but I haven't figured it out yet. If you log out, and then click the home button, you should be able to see what the portal will look like. I'll be trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with it. Guests and Admins can see it, but not registered users? wtf... lol.

Sorry guys!

J.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

OK. should be fixed now!

Check the home button at the top, or just go to http://kdxrider.net/forums/
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

OK, I see it now. I really thought you were screwing with us for a few! :busted:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

So what's the verdict? Like it, hate it, don't care?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

It's a lot to take in.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Indeed. All those modules are configurable, so I can move, remove, or change any of them. Just need to know what's helpful for you guys and what's just redundant or annoying!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Make a 10' tall neon sign, "CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE FORUMS" :grin:

If you are able to keep statistics of what people are clicking on, on that page, it will sort itself out as far as popularity.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: NEW FORUM LAYOUT - Q/A, Bug Reports, etc.

Post by Julien D »

Lol. The great big KDXRider logo will take you straight to the forums when clicked. Not sure if I can keep track of what gets clicked in those modules or not, since most are just quick links to php pages that would be available somewhere else in the forum anyway. Good idea though, will investigate.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

If the answer is somewheres between pages 2 and 6...I missed it.

Re: Gallery option/function.

In order to use the BBcode, the displayed key must be put into the post.

But..a 'right click' on either code option does not result in a 'copy' option. The key must be selected/copied as any normal text would be.

What am I missing? I am assuming there IS such a copy function, but that I just don't get it.

Thanks!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Not sure what you mean. Are you trying to insert a gallery image into a post? The only bbcode function for that is "gallery". When you click that, it opens your gallery and you select which image(s) to insert. Or if this is a function inside the gallery you are trying to use, I may need to look closer.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Julien D wrote:Not sure what you mean. Are you trying to insert a gallery image into a post?
Not 'trying' and being unsuccessful, but asking about the METHOD..the process to find if there is a simpler way to get it done.
Julien D wrote: The only bbcode function for that is "gallery". When you click that, it opens your gallery and you select which image(s) to insert.
?? Now it's my turn to not know what is meant...the '..and you select which...' part.

Yes. I can 'click' on the gallery button under my avatar and go to my gallery. I can also get there with a click on 'Gallery' at the top of the page, with a subsequent selection to get to 'my' gallery.

'CLICK'

OK. I'm now in my gallery. It's the '..and you select which images to insert' that I'm after.

I select an image with another click. The result is the image shown full-size, with the description shown, and comment entry available.

The 'Image Bbcode' choices shown allow for insertion into KDXRider (the [album]image #[/album] part), and a full URL link for outside reference.
Julien D wrote: Or if this is a function inside the gallery you are trying to use, I may need to look closer.
Yep. That's where I am after the above image selection..and where my question comes from.

I have seen other similar situations (sites) that allow a 'copy' function with a click on one of those Bbcode options. In the case of this gallery, the text inside the code window must be selected and copied using Windows keystrokes (shift+cursor move-ctlC to copy or right click highlighted/selected text).

It's a whole lot more trouble explaining all the keystrokes than the answer to the question is likely worth. :wink:

I'm just wonderin' about it...

Thanks for your time!

Consider the source

Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I am indeed able to right click and copy the bbcode text or the url text inside my own gallery without using keyboard shortcuts. Not sure what is going on there. I am using firefox, but I'll test this in a couple other browsers. It could also be a permissions issue, which I will definitely have a look at as well. If you are wanting to insert images from your gallery into a forum post, the easiest way to do that is from the "gallery" bbcode in the "post a reply" page. When you click that, it opens your gallery, and you can select one or more images to be inserted into the post very quickly.

*edit*

Nix the first part of that, I think I see what you are getting at. If it's from your own gallery, using the method i mention above is quickest. If it's another users gallery, I suppose you'd have to right click and copy the highlighted text.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Well...th'ar 'ya go.

In nothing I wrote or referred to did I say ANYthing about being able to:
..right click and copy the bbcode text or the url text inside my own gallery without using keyboard shortcuts.
Why?

Indeed, THAT was the question.

Because I don't generally USE that 'reply' method. I didn't say never...but not GENerally. I use 'Quick Reply' more often. There is no option to do as you suggested using 'Quick Reply'.

Everything I DID say referred to a completely different method of accessing the gallery..which was a Big Red Flag.

Therefore, this is The Answer to my question:

You can most easily select an image from your gallery by using the 'gallery' option (shown with the other Bbcode options like underline/bold/etc) when replying to a message. You can simply click on <insert image> when you get TO the gallery that way. **Note** this is NOT an available option when using 'Quick Reply', OR when accessing your gallery via the gallery button under your avatar OR when accessing the gallery using the banner at the top of each page viewed after you sign in.

Sounds OK to me. How 'bout you?

Thanks!

I exceed singularly well in making what I think to be a most plain, evident, and nose-on-your-face kind'a deal into the most obscure, fuzzy, 'WTH or F are you talking about' issue.

No. I can't say as I know why that is true, but it happens so often, I've come to recognize It's All My Fault.

Good thing I don't worry about it! :wink:

Consider the source

Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

lol!

You are correct, there is not a function in the quick reply to use any bbcode easily. There is however a new mod out that I believe adds some bbcode options to the quick reply. I'm not sure if the gallery would be included in those, since it is a mod of it's own. I have been frustrated with this as well, since I almost always use the "quick reply". Expanding the functionality of the quick reply is something I will definitely look into!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

So, give that quick reply another shot. I have made some adjustments... :mrgreen: