Air Bleeding. Help!

Got questions? We got answers....
Terrence Sprocket

Air Bleeding. Help!

Post by Terrence Sprocket »

Well my E series motor is all together in the chassis with new cylinder and top end kit. I was following the instructions in the manual to bleed the air from the coolant system, and it says to loosing the air bleeder built on top of the cylinder head. I did this and no air nor coolant was forced out. If I squeeze any of the coolent lines then antifreeze will come out of the bleed, but it's not flowing out on it's own. Is this a problem? Or did I luck out and didn't have any air in my system? I poured the coolent in slowly and waited about 30 seconds, air came our of the fill spout on the radiator. I then filled it back up after it dropped. Waited another 30 seconds and nothing happened, so I'm assuming the coolant was completely settled. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.
KDX ALL THE WAY!
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

What yyou have desribed sounds about right.
Start it up and run it for a bit and take a look in radiator. You should be fine.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
Terrence Sprocket

Ok. I checked the radiator after it cooled down and all is good. It didnt seem to be over heating. I let it run for a good 10 mins. I just wasn't sure because it doesn't mention anything like this in the manual. Thanx
KDX ALL THE WAY!
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

yeah whenever you take the radiator cap off coolant should flow out of the bleeder screw, it had me confused the 1st time I tried it. Also be sure to fill up the other radiator if you havn't already
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

10 years of riding the KDX never once bled to cooling system YMMV
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
tirebiter

Post by tirebiter »

Was the radiator cap on when you removed the bleed screw?
The cap has to be off, or the coolant won't flow out due to vacuum- gotta get air in there to displace the coolant coming out.

!0 years and never bled the system.. Have you ever serviced the system, other than pop the cap once in awhile?
Remind me to never buy a used bike from you.. :wink:
If I can't do it, I'm sure someone else can!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Don't worry I'd never sell it specially to a fuggin californian :butthead:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Terrence Sprocket

Yes the cap was on. It says to put the cap on in the manual. Weird ehh? I'll bleed it again with the cap off just to be safe
KDX ALL THE WAY!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Better check your muffler bearing while you are at it
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))