Revloc?

Got questions? We got answers....
fulltiltboogie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Revloc?

Post by fulltiltboogie »

Anybody have the Revloc clutch? I'm on the verge of buying one.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

See Garry at EFM. Lots of happy customers.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I read alittle on that link page you put up Indi. My question on these auto clutches is how do they react on hills when you need to feather the clutch and what about race launches? It sayd to put into first anf gradualy increase the throttle. What happens if you just pin it? The bike pin you?

Ok I read alittle further, sounds cool. What do these little gems run $$? I just may not be done modifying yet. :eek: I tired to go through thier on line store but could'nt find the application. I guess you have to contact them.

Jon.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I have the EFM auto clutch and my riding buddy has it in his KX500. From idle, in gear, pin the throttle and you will loop the bike. Just like dumping the clutch on a standard bike. Except you won't stall it. Imagine having a miniature Jeff Fredette sitting on your handlebars working the clutch for you. That's what it's like. Just about the time you start grabbing for the clutch, it will start slipping for you. Heck, leave the bike in a gear taller than normal and it will slip just fine and save you from shifting as much. A little hard on the clutch plates and they will wear more that way, but I'm here to tell you, I won't own another dirtbike with out the EFM autoclutch.

The EFM auto clutch mod costs about $500. It isn't cheap. But then I think it is the most useful mod I have as well. Dollar for dollar the best investment I've made. Call Garry. He's easy to talk to. He started designing the EFM autoclutch around his own KDX. So that tells you something. He builds them for all sorts of bikes including Harley's and, like I said, a KX500 so the KDX isn't going to tear it up and break it.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Thanks Ski. I'll look into that. I guess after I'm back to 100%, I'll have to scrap some extra cash together for one of those.

Jon.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

The revloc is a whole lot more money, right? (Yeah...I could go look it up...but I'm lazy! ..heard that somewhere...anyway)

Isn't there some other issue with Revloc that makes it less desireable than an EFM?

For quite awhile, there was no KDX clutch thru Revloc.

In answer to ftb though, from what I've read and heard the EFM not only costs less, but it's better for some reason or other.

Ski: I'm sure you looked into revloc before you opted out of the clutch crowd. Why did you choose EFM?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'm pretty sure Revloc still doesn't make a unit for the KDX. The KDX clutch actuating arm is on the "wrong" side of the basket for a revloc to work. I've talked extensively with a Yamaha owner who has revloc. It's nice but took several rides to break in and get a final adjustment. Mine took one ride and one adjustment that was made on the trail in about 15 minutes.
The EFM uses your existing clutch, so there's no going back. Also, no clutch lever to override. Again, due to the way the KDX clutch engages. My KX clutch lever will still work with an EFM and simply override it when I want. But I will be getting a hand operated rear brake so that won't matter. That hand rear brake is the most precise and fast, much faster than a foot brake. With SS braided brake line and using 2 fingers, I can feel the rear tire knobs roll over the ground though the controls. Now that is precise.

The bike will be in Oregon for test rides. And for crying out loud, CC, you can ride it more than 10 minutes. I know you are afraid you will want one. BTW did Jeff sell you anything? :lol:

And where are the fancy smile faces Inda uses? I don't see them.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
sasrocks
Supporting Member

Post by sasrocks »

bringing this back to life. I see Revlock on their site lists the KDX and has a new pricing structure. Is this true and of so anybody go with one want to sare their experience?

TIA