Thanks for all the help

Got questions? We got answers....
cragwl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks for all the help

Post by cragwl »

I have been using this site to help me decide what bike to get, what to look for when I get it, and how to tear it down, inspect and rebuildit properly after I purchase it.

I ended up with a 1999 KDX220 and I find it to be the perfect moto for chasing my 13 year old on his yz or following my 9 year old on his KLX110.

I have installed a fmf gold, and spark arrester. New wheel, swing arm, steering, linkage bearings. New brake pads and rotors too. Replaced all the fluids, forks, break, coolent and tranny. The jetting was rich so I have that all squared away.

With this post I am saying thanks. There is a ton of high quality info on this site. I am no mechanic, won't even change my cars oil, but the way things are explained so clearly, I confidently, single handedly transformed a slightly neglected KDX into something I am proud to ride. Thanks:-)
In dog beers, I've only had one.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by turtle »

Welcome! Your story isn't too different from mine in terms of taking a neglected machine and turning it into something nice with lots of help from this site and the good folks here. Pictures are always welcome too!
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R
2011 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE