FRP Torque Ring

Got questions? We got answers....
Cha Ching

FRP Torque Ring

Post by Cha Ching »

Last weekend i noticed a lil smoke and spooge coming from my exhaust port. I was wondering if this takes the place of the o-ring? Have any of you had experience with this part?

I temporarily sealed it up with some high temp rtv, so i can ride this weekend!!

http://www.frpoffroad.com/FRP-Torque-Ri ... =searchbar
Cha Ching

Post by Cha Ching »

I have read the part description, and i realize it takes a few hundred rpm from the top end. Don't think i will notice on the tight single track i ride :lol:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I tried one. It does not replace any o-rings. You stick it in the exhaust outlet before installing the pipe, essentially adding a few MM to the header length which adds some low end. Honestly, I didn't notice much more low end torque, but I did notice the total flat spot it gave me up top. I took it out and gave it away.
Cha Ching

Post by Cha Ching »

Thanks juliend.

That means i need some new o-rings for my pipe. I have searched a few places and found spring and o-ring kits, but none for my '01 200.

Any ideas who may have what i need?
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

I even use the o rings AND high temp RTV
'00 KDX 220R
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
Cha Ching wrote:Thanks juliend.

That means i need some new o-rings for my pipe. I have searched a few places and found spring and o-ring kits, but none for my '01 200.

Any ideas who may have what i need?
they come with any good top end gasket kit
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yeah, or you can buy them OEM at any parts place.
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

I made my own O-rings for the header using a kit I have, havn't had any leaks in the past 7 or 8 months that they've been on
Arkmage

Post by Arkmage »

Most autoparts stores will also have bins of o-rings in the back. You can take an old one and match up to what they've got. Sometimes places like bike bandit will even tell you the ID and cross section in their description. Costs you about $0.75/ea in the bulk isle.