E-Bay parter on site

Got questions? We got answers....
kawabunga

E-Bay parter on site

Post by kawabunga »

Please go to (Parts for sale) and read Eye Cell's post.
This is common now.
I know alls fair in commerce, but it still bothers me to see
nice , whole bikes being parted this way.
reviving old war-horse.
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Live and let live.
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

Um, need a tissue?
'00 KDX 220R
gsa102
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by gsa102 »

I don't like them tearing apart working bikes either, but I like getting cheap parts shipped straight to my house. Digging in a salvage yard is quite often a waste of time.

I know a guy that rebuilt a nice KX 500, but it needed mains, piston, etc. It was SWEET when he was done. He tried to sell it to make a few bucks but ended up taking a bath. It is tough to make money rebuilding bikes, a lot easier to make money parting them out.

I have an 81 yamaha mx 100, my first bike, that isn't really worth much together. It would be worth more in pieces on fleabay. I keep it to keep the hours down on my kids KX 65 race bike.
This is my rifle, this is my gun, the YZ to go fast, the KDX is for fun!

96 KDX 200, 09 YZ 250
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

I just bought a complete, low time, KDX bottom end from them. :mrgreen:
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Their bikes, their prerogative to do what they wish with them. My only issue is joining this forum only to sell your stuff and not contribute to the community. If it is someone doing it for commercial (ie; specifically in the biz to make money), and they want to hock their stuff here, then they should be a paid member at the very least. JMHO.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

>|<>QBB<
SS109 wrote:My only issue is joining this forum only to sell your stuff and not contribute to the community. If it is someone doing it for commercial (ie; specifically in the biz to make money), and they want to hock their stuff here, then they should be a paid member at the very least. JMHO.
Agree - seems fair to me.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
SS109 wrote:Their bikes, their prerogative to do what they wish with them. My only issue is joining this forum only to sell your stuff and not contribute to the community. If it is someone doing it for commercial (ie; specifically in the biz to make money), and they want to hock their stuff here, then they should be a paid member at the very least. JMHO.
+1
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

The only bad part of this is the fact that Kawasaki doesn't make these bikes anymore. It is kind of a shame that something other than regular wear and tear is making these bikes go away for good.
MadMax
Jedi Master Team 5150
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

deleted a frikk'n double post
Last edited by kawagumby on 02:20 pm Mar 09 2012, edited 1 time in total.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

>|<>QBB<
SS109 wrote:Their bikes, their prerogative to do what they wish with them. My only issue is joining this forum only to sell your stuff and not contribute to the community. If it is someone doing it for commercial (ie; specifically in the biz to make money), and they want to hock their stuff here, then they should be a paid member at the very least. JMHO.
To me, selling the stuff that community members can use IS a contribution - it's a heads-up for products we use being sold on ebay - a good thing IMO. Yes, they make money, but we get the parts - that's an exhange of value - not a one-way transaction.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

in some extent i agree, but that doesn't help kdxrider.net...
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

>|<>QBB<
scheckaet wrote:in some extent i agree, but that doesn't help kdxrider.net...
Indirectly it does, I think, because it adds dimension to what the site has to offer, which in turn may attract more users - more users can translate to advertisers or user contributions (ideally). If these sellers would voluntarily contribute (and some may) that would be great too. Maybe a sticky on the bikes, parts for sale forum asking for contributions from professional sellers?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

We are doing our best to avoid any advertising on the site. We don't want to shove ads down your throats like most the other forums do. However, this may prove more difficult moving forward, as there is going to be a lot of time and effort invested in this site in the near future as we make some serious changes. I've been tossing around the idea of limiting the for sale sections to users with a minimum post count, so that people can't register just to sell something and never contribute to the site. At least this way too, if a user has to have 100 posts to list something in the for sale section, we get a chance to get to know them before sending them our money. Unfortunately, we don't have this capability in our current version of software. We need to upgrade first.
David_L6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by David_L6 »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:We are doing our best to avoid any advertising on the site. We don't want to shove ads down your throats like most the other forums do. However, this may prove more difficult moving forward, as there is going to be a lot of time and effort invested in this site in the near future as we make some serious changes. I've been tossing around the idea of limiting the for sale sections to users with a minimum post count, so that people can't register just to sell something and never contribute to the site. At least this way too, if a user has to have 100 posts to list something in the for sale section, we get a chance to get to know them before sending them our money. Unfortunately, we don't have this capability in our current version of software. We need to upgrade first.
Some other forums do this. I'm in favor of it.
2000 KDX200 / 2002 CR250 / 2003 CR250 / 2008 TT-R230 / 2011 Brute Force 750 / 2012 Brute Force 750 EPS
kawabunga

Post by kawabunga »

This kinda got started reading KDX41B's Post :(Somebody stop me.) ,and I got this gut feeling (I know BFD, yada ,yada,yada) That a parter somewhere had a boner for this thing. It would be kinda interesting to know the fate of this bike.
I've kinda been wanting one of these too. Maybe in a year or so KDX41B and me can have one.
Johnny Cash cadillac style!
BTW. someone paid $585 for that low mileage bottom end
Do you Know the hours?- or does it just feel solid?
Wear is exponential toward the end of a parts life, i.e.= A 50% part usally appears perfect. A 10% part looks like 50%.A 1% part looks like it may get you by for a short time. That bottom end may only be a 30% part
I would have rebuilt, but I'll wish ya luck.
reviving old war-horse.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yeah, i think that bottom end was seriously overpriced. I would expect a complete serviceable motor for that. If he sold it at that price though, good for him.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

The biggest problem with the ebayers is they just come here to try to hit a captive audience, once the parts that they have for what we need is gone they never return.
Nothing is given back to the community, they are just looking to get their money and be on their way.
If I am looking for something than I look everywhere. If the members of this forum need to have someone post a FREE ebay add for me to find it than I guess they need to get off there ass and do a little work for them self, and not wait for everything to be handed to them.

The for sale section should be for the members to help other members. Not for any and everyone to have free add space.

This has been and still is a great site for all that is KDX. The cost and upkeep of the site is provided by the excellent mods and the butterfly with help from contributing members. Why should Ebayers get free add space? Most of the members on here offer to throw back a few bucks for what they sell on here. Do the Ebayers?
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

Juliend, I don't think it was overpriced, I bought it and I'm a class I cheap-skate. It had everything but the cylinder and head. Still had the kickstarter and shifter on it (no noticeable knuckle wear BTW), etc. I had already bought another part from that same bike, and it was barely used, so.... I'm thinking about 40-50 hours or so max. My experience over 7 KDX's owned is that the cylinders hold up indefinitely if you change out the pistons regularly - not so the bottoms. I've rebuilt several KDX bottoms over the years and after two rebuilds the gears themselves are getting sloppy, you need a crank kit, and it's time to move on. $600 will keep the bike alive for several more years than I've kept them in the past. By then, I'll be done riding.

I've never seen a complete low-time engine go for 600, most low-timers I've seen go for around a grand on ebay and that's with bidding. Many high-time complete bottoms (clutch and flywheel stuff intact) go for nearly 600. I suspect that the parts prices will continue to escalate as these irreplaceable bikes need more parts that are just not available otherwise. Where I live I was planning to buy an entire bike for parts, but the bikes under 1500 have all been pretty well beat. The only other part I wanted was a rear wheel so I can run different tires as a convenience when riding areas change, and to buy a good KDX (high probability 1500 or more) and try to sell off the stock front end, and everything else that most people don't care about would net much more overall cost and hassle to me in the long run. eh.
kawabunga

Post by kawabunga »

It could be a good deal in the sense that everything wears.
Every shaft, bearing, seal, shift fork etc.
A crank seal and bearing job may not address a lot of issues.
2002 is fairly young in terms of seal life.
Which are age as well as hours used, dependent.
reviving old war-horse.