E-Bay parter on site

Got questions? We got answers....
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

The seals don't seem to age like they used to. I bought my 96 WR250Z with zero hours on it, two years ago. Some guy bought it new back in the day and stored it. The seals are still perfect and after about 80 hours of riding it, it is still tight as new - a 96! The funny thing tho' was the air filter- the foam had disintegrated and was a clump of goo at the bottom of the air box.

When I get rid of bikes is when the tranny starts to go - you start getting more missed shifts, you get that notchy feeling - that happens even after you replace all the tranny bearings when the bike is high hours. And crank kits? They aint cheap either - and I've noticed that it seems like more guys are having trouble with quality control on the ones being marketed today, but if you buy all OEM stuff you might as well get a new bike, lol.

I've got this KDX dialed for me, valving/springs at both ends, USD's with just the right triple for great handling...I don't plan to get rid of it - it is the best bike for what I do, that I've ever owned. :mrgreen:
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.