Spending a little more than I planned...

Got questions? We got answers....
Terrence Sprocket

Spending a little more than I planned...

Post by Terrence Sprocket »

Well, I should get my cylinder back soon with fresh nicasil. Got all my power valve parts cleaned and waiting to put 'em back in the cylinder. But, I didnt expect to feel some up and down play in my rod bearing :oops: . So now I'm thinking crank bearing/seal kit while I have the new rod kit installed. I'm just looking for some suggestions for what brand parts to buy based on your personal experience. I know the all-balls crank bearing/seal kit is dirt cheap to buy compared to any others I priced up. But are they really any good? I had some bad experiences with them in axle carriers for four wheelers b4. I'm thinking hot rod kit for the rod parts. Or should I drain the bank account and just buy all oem? What do u guys think?
KDX ALL THE WAY!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

All Balls seems to be hit and miss. I've had good experience with them, but heard enough horror stories to be nervous. For standard roller bearings, I'll usually just pull mine, get the number, and match them up at NAPA or any cycle shop that carries Japanese roller bearings.
Terrence Sprocket

Post by Terrence Sprocket »

Yea, that sounds like a good option. I'll prob stay away from all-balls just to be safe. I figure that I should prob get a complete bearing/seal kit tho while I'm ordering my rod kit. Plus, I get wholesale pricing at my local dealer. :mrgreen: . I guess it pays off to be good freinds with the parts crew. :partyman:

What do I think about the rod kits? Pro X, weisco, hotrod, oem, etc? I'm assuming that I can't go wrong with either one?
KDX ALL THE WAY!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Any of the above kits will be fine. I'm currently running a hotrods kit in mine, no issues for the past few years.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

+1 on Hot Rods. Not saying they are the best but they seem to work just fine so far.