KDX Flywheel issue

Got questions? We got answers....
Mad Gear Racing

KDX Flywheel issue

Post by Mad Gear Racing »

Guys,

I've done a search and reviewed all the info here. Picked up a beatiful barn find 87 KDX200 in very nice shape and you guessed it, missing a flywheel / stator rotor. probably why it's in such good shape and sat so long.

I've left Jeff Fredette several messages with no call back. Couldn not find his conversion kit to the newer model on his new site. If anyone has the exact link so I can order it please post here.

Also, I see that a Tecate 250 flywheel will work, but I didn't see a real good post of exactly where the flywheel needs to have the new keyway cut. I have access to a machine shop that will do it for me just need to know exactly where. One guy mentioned 1:30 when orig one set at 12:00, but his pic showed like 7:00.

Please advise on any help you can give.

Chris
Mad Gear Racing
God is Good, Always!
xcracer
Supporting Member

Re: KDX Flywheel issue

Post by xcracer »

Hey Chris,

Any luck getting a flywheel? Or figuring out how to make the Tecate flywheel work?
You mentioned a keyway difference of 1:30 or 7:00 - I would assume the flywheel can be mounted in 4 different positions, seeing as there's 4 different magnets. So 1:30 and 7:30 would be the same, no?

Let me know what you found out,

Cheers
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: KDX Flywheel issue

Post by KDXGarage »

Good point!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128