Footpeg question for Jerry

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXer
Supporting Member

Footpeg question for Jerry

Post by KDXer »

I was wondering if the KX and KDX foot pegs are interchangeable ?? I can get pegs for fairly cheap over here to suit common models KX RM CR etc. You don't have to swap them over or anything just eyeball em both if you don't mind and report back with the findings. Thanks buddy.....

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

The pegs are interchangable. There is a slight difference in how they mount, but the pegs on my KX250 and my KDX220 are the same. On the KDX, the peg fits between two tabs with the spring riding on the outside of the tabs. On the KX250, the tabs are spaced further apart and the spring is mounted between them along with the peg.
So go ahead and get some KX pegs to fit up to the KDX, or wait until you get here. Doug took his stock pegs off his KX500 and has them sitting around. I was going to give them to Carvr, but you seem to be inquiring first. Carvr's getting the fancy aluminum kickstand of Doug's anyway.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:grin: Thanks Ski. CC has preference so if he isn't interested, great, I'd love em. I'm trolling shops and eBay for a nice wide set as we speak. :supz: Again many thanks.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'm using the IMS pro series and they are GREAT!!!! Just be careful. The teeth are so sharp, I've torn my pants just walking by the bike as it sits parked in the garage. A big improvement in keeping my feet where I want them.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!