Might pick up old KX125 for some KDX spare parts.Yes or No?

Got questions? We got answers....
Terrence Sprocket

Might pick up old KX125 for some KDX spare parts.Yes or No?

Post by Terrence Sprocket »

Hi guys. I have an old 90 KDX 200 that I wouldn't mind having some extras for. I found an old KX125 for only $100. The motor is completly disassembled but all is there. I think it needs a crank and the cylinder plating is wore out. I'm mainly interested in the front end, rear wheel, brakes, rear shock, kips (if it's the same as E series KDX) etc. I'm just not sure what year it is. Do u guys know of anyway to tell what year it is? The current owner THINKS it's an '89, which would be good cause the kips parts would be interchangeable. Just need to know what year it is, any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: if it was an 89, do u think the forks would be better than my current 1990 KDX forks?

Thanx all.
KDX ALL THE WAY!
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

You can check the VIN on the steering neck. Do a search and you should be able to find a chart to cross the letters.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I wouldn't bother. None of the suspension parts would be an improvement over what you have. If it has kips, they are likely stripped, and I do not know if they are compatible with your 200 anyway.

I don't think it would make a good parts bike for your 200. Doesn't really matter what year it was as the kdx125 was only made for a couple years and they were all the same AFAIK.