Best waterproof boots?

Got questions? We got answers....
Ravensdale-Rider

Best waterproof boots?

Post by Ravensdale-Rider »

My motorcycle boots are SHOT. Had them for a few years and they are coming apart. I live in the Pacific Northwest and do a lot of riding in the rain and in very wet conditions so I am looking for a boot that offers a lot of protection but is also very waterproof.

I was looking at snowmobile boots because I know they offer the best waterproofing but not sure if they would have very good ankle and shin protection.

Any recommendations for a good waterproof boot?
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

I have Alpinestars Tech 10's and as long as the mud / water is below the top buckle, my feet stay dry. I had Tech 3's before that and had no problems with those either, but I think the 10's are better sealed
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by dfeckel »

I can vote AGAINST Gaerne SG10 boots. Mine let the water in but not out. I've strongly considered drilling a couple drain holes. My Alpinestars Tech 8 boots are much more water proof.
David Eckel
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

all mx/enduro boots will let in water at some point...i use `gore-tex` boot liners & can assure you that these keep the wet out & your feet nice & dry, they are thin enough to wear between your socks & boots without causing discomfort & come up as high as your knees so even if you put your foot in a river they wont let any water in...as worn by the british army ( & most british trail riders too!)
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

speaking of, I got my KDX stuck in a stream bed last weekend and had to get in there to drag it out. Mud and water filled up the inside of my boots and now I gotta clean 'em. This is my 1st time ever having to clean the inside of MX boots, so what's the best way? I was considering throwing them in the washer but I know that's a bad idea :lol:
marrk_us
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by marrk_us »

I've always had good luck with Alpinestars. But really there are times when.........................Image
Water, mud, and waterproof boots..............................................Image
Cannot occupy the same space at the same time :lol: E=MC2 and all that jibberish
turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by turtle »

>|<>QBB<
KDXrider1989 wrote:speaking of, I got my KDX stuck in a stream bed last weekend and had to get in there to drag it out. Mud and water filled up the inside of my boots and now I gotta clean 'em. This is my 1st time ever having to clean the inside of MX boots, so what's the best way? I was considering throwing them in the washer but I know that's a bad idea :lol:
I'm no expert but I use a garden hose and a little soap and spray the heck out of them, and let them air dry. HTH
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R
2011 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE
hockeyboysomers

Post by hockeyboysomers »

To dry out your boots after a good soaking or swanp try useing Christmas tree lights. The little ones. Overnight a string of 50 will completly dry even a soaked boot. Just stuff them down into the boot. The heat is even and won't dry out your boot the way putting them on a wood stove would. It seems bizzare, but it works and uses very little electricity. Give it a try.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

My Peet boot dryer works great

I wear a pair of Rocky goretex socks, when I ride

Boots can leak all they want and my piggies stay nice and dry
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
skythrasher
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by skythrasher »

+1 on the peet boot dryer. I have the 4 port model that they sold with Moose Racing that comes with the boot, glove, and helmet attachments.
My Gallery
2001 KDX200
1987 KDX200
2002 CR250R
2016 KTM 350XCF-W Six Days
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

interesting, Ima have to try these. Thanks guys!