Cleaning product questions.....

Got questions? We got answers....
jack10525

Cleaning product questions.....

Post by jack10525 »

Is there anything you can put on the bike to kind of protect it? I really hate cleaning my bike but I really love to play in the mud. :mrgreen: If there was only a product that you could spray on your bike to help keep the dirt off or at least make it not stick as much. I don't mind hosing it down the mud here kind of gets glued on...... :rolleyes:
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

There is a product that is used in speedway and sprint car racing called 'muck off' or 'mud off' and it helps prevent excessive weight due to mud build up. I'm sure you guys would have something similar. I've heard coating the bike before riding with silicon spray helps come washing time.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I bought my bike from Tennessee and the motor still has a red tint to it from the red clay soil there! I just bought some Eagle One mag cleaner... I hope that get's it off! :?

As far as plastics... coat your plastics with a acrylic wax like Futura Floor wax or the like... it should come off much easier...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

What is mud? :?
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I got another tip from a mate who races sprint cars. He said you can either wipe it all down with baby oil or he reckons you can mix baby oil with water(?) in a spray bottle and spray it on. He swears it works.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I just use Armoural on the topside of my bike, but NOT on the seat! I spary it on and wipe it down with a rag. I do this after washing the bike. Then before I ride, I will coat the underside of the fenders and engine area with WD-40. It usually works pretty good. The mud will stick to a certain oint but will come off with a water hose or tap of the fender very easy. I've had good luck with the WD-40 to keep my engine clean. If it were not for the worn areas from my boot, it would look like new still.

Jon.
jack10525

Post by jack10525 »

Cool thanks guys.