KDX220 stock headlight bulb?

Got questions? We got answers....
paulkdx220

KDX220 stock headlight bulb?

Post by paulkdx220 »

does any one know where i can buy stock headlight bulbs other than from kawi? they are over $30 each!

thanks,

paul
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I covered this in depth a while back. Check out this thread: http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.ph ... light=bulb
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
SilvFx

Post by SilvFx »

paulkdx220

Post by paulkdx220 »

thanks for the info! i just bought a bunch of bulbs.
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

Is there a higher watt bulb available, like 55w to 80w? I've used Piaa and Hella bulbs that were advertised as being twice as bright in other bikes and they were a little bit brighter, but not near as bright as advertised.
Rjcapt
Supporting Member

Post by Rjcapt »

>|<>QBB<
bcdonyo wrote:Is there a higher watt bulb available, like 55w to 80w? I've used Piaa and Hella bulbs that were advertised as being twice as bright in other bikes and they were a little bit brighter, but not near as bright as advertised.
Remember you're dealing with a very low output from the stator. 50 or 60 watts if I remember correctly. With the stock output, you can use a 200w bulb, but you are still limited but total output.

If you want a brighter light you have to increase the available power by either rewinding the stator or getting a more powerful one, or getting a more efficient bulb like an LED
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

>|<>QBB<
Rjcapt wrote:>|<>QBB<
bcdonyo wrote:Is there a higher watt bulb available, like 55w to 80w? I've used Piaa and Hella bulbs that were advertised as being twice as bright in other bikes and they were a little bit brighter, but not near as bright as advertised.
Remember you're dealing with a very low output from the stator. 50 or 60 watts if I remember correctly. With the stock output, you can use a 200w bulb, but you are still limited but total output.

If you want a brighter light you have to increase the available power by either rewinding the stator or getting a more powerful one, or getting a more efficient bulb like an LED
Actually closer to 40 watts, LOL. That and the forks are my only real complaint about the KDX. What were they thinking?

I want a higher output bulb mainly for my GF's KLX which can power a twin 35 watt headlight with an LED tail no sweat. So anyone know of a higher output H6M bulb? She likes the look of the stock light, and has gone through two old leftover UFO lights off my Huskys. I have three KDX/KLX headlights not being used now.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

The highest I have found were 35 watt.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R