Replate Update

Got questions? We got answers....
vaughnp
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by vaughnp »

OK thanks! I have a message into them to see what they get for the piston kit.

Otherwise I will just send it along when I get one.
1993 KDX 200
1998 GasGas EC250
vaughnp
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by vaughnp »

Just curious. How clean does Millenium expect the cylinder to be?

Have it all boxed up and just realized that its says to disassemble and clean the cylinder before sending it for replate.

What have you guys done as far as that goes? I was thinking they would have to hot tank it either way?
1993 KDX 200
1998 GasGas EC250
B737driver
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by B737driver »

Mine is there now. I will let you know if there were any issues. The only part that was really dirty was the KIPS. I cleaned the outside case and then cleaned the ports for the KIPS the best I could using what I had. After I get it back I will give it a once over to check for burrs etc. from the machining process. Heard this can be an issue after re-plate.
Live to Fly
Fly to Live
B737driver
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by B737driver »

Oh, and right or wrong I did not send the piston with the cylinder. I asked them to return it to stock bore and purchased a Pro-X stock sized top end kit.
Live to Fly
Fly to Live
vaughnp
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by vaughnp »

Cool thanks for the replies!

Think I will give it a bit of a cleaning then send it monday.

I called them today and forgot to ask about the cleaning, the guy did however tell me if returning the cylinder to stock the piston was not necessary.

He did also say that if I sent it along they would mic the piston and make sure they cylinder is finished to that spec.
1993 KDX 200
1998 GasGas EC250
B737driver
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by B737driver »

Probably a good idea. I did not have the piston when I sent the cylinder. Hope it doesn't turn around to bit me. Mine went out on Monday (2 day air)...........waiting impatiently. Got a lot of parts, but nowhere to put them till I get stuff back from Millennium and RB.
Live to Fly
Fly to Live
vaughnp
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by vaughnp »

Looks like Millennium is done with my cylinder. $270 charge posted to my account today. A little higher than I had anticipated. Didnt think the bore was in that bad of shape.

edit: Just got off the phone with Raleigh at Millennium. Sent him an email about the higher charge and within an hour he returned with a phone call to explain. The gouge was deeper than I knew and they had to weld then bore, then plate. Great customer service, and great to do business with!

Well worth it knowing it is going to be perfect.

Will post a photo of it when it arrives. Spring is coming to Minnesota, just in time!! :supz:
1993 KDX 200
1998 GasGas EC250