Carb, exhaust E series

Got questions? We got answers....
Frysk

Carb, exhaust E series

Post by Frysk »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to improve my KDX a bit more to my ridin style and there are some things that I want different.

The stock carburetor on a 91 KDX200 is a 38mm Keihin PWK, but I read somewhere that a newer type KDX and even a KDX220 have a smaller carb, less top end but more bodem end grunt.. am I right or am I thinking stupid ?

And the stock pipe of a E series is limited by its double layer wall and damping but if I cut it open and get all that stuff out, rejet it.. what could I expect from a 'unlocked' pipe ?
Currently I've got a DG pipe and it runs great but I'm wondering if a unlocked pipe is worth it compared to my DG pipe.
I would be a pitty if I cut it open and it doesn't ride better that my DG..

I want to gain some bodem end power..

Does anyone know about this ?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Your DG outperforms a gutted stock pipe, hands down. I have ran both.

The stock carb on your bike is a 36mm PWK. The 220 has a 33mm carb stock. The best performance gain for you to start with would be to have RB mod your carb. Then you get the low end grunt of the 33, but retain the overrev of the larger carb. Best of both worlds.
Frysk

Post by Frysk »

Then it would be a shame to cut up my silent stock pipe.

As for the carb, I think I'm gonna send Ron a mail and ask him about international shipping, thats the biggest obstacle with my bike at the moment.