Pro taper bars and mount

Got questions? We got answers....
sexpanther34

Pro taper bars and mount

Post by sexpanther34 »

I'm planning on changing out the bars that came on my kdx. They are renthal 7/8 and I hate them. They are too high and the sweep makes my hands fall asleep. So I want to throw on some pro taper woods low bars. But I need a new mount for them as well, I don't want to use the universal tusk ones either. So if you could point me in the direction of a quality mount please show the way.
tirebiter

Post by tirebiter »

You could go with this set up- 7/8" to 1 1/8" adapters, plus it moves the bars forward.
https://www.enduroeng.com/ProductDetail ... 1254937313
Here's a crappy pic with them on my scoot. I like bars with minimal sweep, but in the taller range.
Lots more options on bar bends after you switch to 1 1/8"
Try Trail tech lows- minimal sweep back, very similar to the old KTM bends- but priced right.
http://trailtech.net/motorcycle_x-bars.html
BTW, those are the Trail tech regular woods bend in my pic..
If I can't do it, I'm sure someone else can!
sexpanther34

Post by sexpanther34 »

Should I get those bars in low? Since the mounts move forward and up? I'm 5'7" and I drop my bike alot, so I need bars that can take tons of abuse. Thank for helping me on this, it is very appreciated.
tirebiter

Post by tirebiter »

I crash alot, the trail tech bars seem just as stout as the pro tapers, renthall etc.
My wife's 5'7" and finds the regular X bend fits perfect on her WR, and she's a stand up style rider.
If your an agressive, fast paced rider, the lows might suit you better- the lower height keeps you perched over the front, rather than kickin' ya back on the seat.
Do a search on the trailtech X bars, lots of reviews out there.

Or, you could get one of these things and spend you days crashing your ass off! :supz: :grin:
If I can't do it, I'm sure someone else can!
sexpanther34

Post by sexpanther34 »

That is gorgeous... I wish I could get an aprilia. But I'm probably going to get a cbr600rr. The new red and white is a tribute to the older f3. I miss having a street bike