Miles per gallon

Got questions? We got answers....
Deseret Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Miles per gallon

Post by Deseret Rider »

Awhile back we were talking about milage on our KDX's. A couple of days ago I returned from an easy dirt trails ride---mostly 5th and 6th gear--- and calculated that my 220 was getting 40.5 miles per gallon. Used 1.16 gallons of fuel while traveling 47.5 miles. That was about what I would have expected.

I know that is the best case milage scenario----but how would that compare to what you have seen on your bike?
The Duck of Deseret (Deseret was Utah's first name)
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

On an easy single track ride last spring I was getting 18mpg
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Deseret Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Deseret Rider »

Mr. Wibbens Don't be inviting me to ride with you then---I would not be able to keep you in sight or even your dust to know where you went. You must ride like a banshee to be getting that kind of milage----wish I could ride like that. My hat's off to you Sir!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Oh no I'm slow

We just ride **** like this

[youtube][/youtube]
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Deseret Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Deseret Rider »

I see! and now I understand! At least you won't be wearing out any of your top five gears. At the other end of the extreme compared to my last ride. Take comfort in the fact that I know---though----why you ride country like that----and I remember the prize at the end of those rides-- 50 years have past since I rode trails like that---and those are the ones I remember---Just something about riding dirt bikes---Great Video--brings back memories---thanks

P.S. Modern Psychiatry claims to have treatment now for people like you---but just don't let the guys in white catch you and you will be ok! ha ha :wink:
Cha Ching

Post by Cha Ching »

Sweet video Mr. Wibbens, that is an EPIC trail!!

Back on topic, i went out to Durhamtown today, and ran a tank of gas out of my 200. But, with the help of the good folks here at kdxrider,net, i was able to flip to "reserve" and ride on back to the truck! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: Much appreciated for setting me straight..

Back on topic again, we only ran 37 miles today, and i went thru a tank and then some?! This place is flat compared to where i usually ride, so not sure whats up with my mileage.