KIPS Gear

Got questions? We got answers....
Rjcapt
Supporting Member

KIPS Gear

Post by Rjcapt »

I pulled my exhaust valve apart to send the cyl out for Replating, and I found the gear that bolts to the LH side of the shaft has a broken tooth at the very end.

Anyone have a spare they would like to get rid of? I found them new for $65, so I figured I'd try to source a used one. It would probably be fine the way it is, but I'll most likely replace it anyway.

Thanks
OLHILLBILLY
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by OLHILLBILLY »

From what I understand , it will work fine with a tooth missing on either end. But your best bet for a cheaper replacement would be to watch Ebay.
Be sure and remove the little pipe thread plug on the front of the cylinder before you send it off for replate. If you don't, they will, and you won't get it back. Seen many :sad: stories about that happening.
2004 KDX 200.. Coupla mods
2009 KX250F.. Track Star
2007 Hayabusa.. Street Madness
Frysk

Post by Frysk »

Bikebandit should have Kips gears I asume ?
Rjcapt
Supporting Member

Post by Rjcapt »

>|<>QBB<
OLHILLBILLY wrote:From what I understand , it will work fine with a tooth missing on either end. But your best bet for a cheaper replacement would be to watch Ebay.
Be sure and remove the little pipe thread plug on the front of the cylinder before you send it off for replate. If you don't, they will, and you won't get it back. Seen many :sad: stories about that happening.
If you mean the plug with the doing in it, got that. If not, I may be looking for a new one as I've already sent it....

I've been checking eBay with no luck. I'll probably try it as is and see what happens.. Worst case I can change it out afterwards.
Rjcapt
Supporting Member

Post by Rjcapt »

>|<>QBB<
Frysk wrote:Bikebandit should have Kips gears I asume ?
They do. I was just trying to go a little cheaper than $60+....
Frysk

Post by Frysk »

>|<>QBB<
Rjcapt wrote:>|<>QBB<
Frysk wrote:Bikebandit should have Kips gears I asume ?
They do. I was just trying to go a little cheaper than $60+....
I totaly understand, new OEM Kawasaki parts are realy overpriced!
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

i've run mine for the past 4 years like that. save your 60 bux and go ride :wink: