Need Parts Help Fast :(

Got questions? We got answers....
FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Need Parts Help Fast :(

Post by FLAKDX »

Well I screwed up good tonight. :oops: I finally got around to changing out to a Seiezco piston in my 220 from the stocker. I was taking apart the KIPS setup when like a dumbass I managed to break a tooth off the gear the actuates the left side transfer port. :cry:

Can someone give me a recommendation of a good part supplier I can overnight one from? My local dealer is a joke at best and I have no faith. I'll happily pay the overnight fees as I have GOT to ride this Saturday.

It almost looks like I could get away with running it with the tooth that broke but I don't want to take a chance. Anyone here got an old junk cylinder with the KIPS parts still intact from a 95 or up?? It's the gear under the fat flat head screw cap on the left side of the cylinder head. Go ahead and take advantage of me. I'll pay damn near anything I'm desperate :prayer:
03 220R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Call Jeff Fredette. I'm sure he has one that he can expedite to you.

708-946-0999
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

I'll try that first thing tommorow.

Thanks Inda
03 220R
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Mines been running strong with a broken tooth for a fair while now with no problems to date.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

That's kinda what I'm thinking Kay Dee. It's the last tooth on the gear. The opposite end from where the punch mark is. If it were in the middle I'd be a little more leary of it breaking.

Maybe I'll just order it and all the other misc. bolts I need from Fredette regular ground and put it in when it arrives. I'm pretty sure I can get the gear in without pulling the cylinder again. :partyman:
03 220R
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by clutchcover »

Mine had a broken tooth too. Didn't have a problem for two years. Fixed now.
97 Kdx200
Summuda goodies.... But not quite enough.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

OK... I gotta ask...How did all of you break a tooth?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by clutchcover »

Not sure, on reassembly the tooth just kinda fell off while I was working. Not sure if it was something I did, something the previous owner did, or even just a weak spot in the tooth that gave. I was broke at the time, a little younger and not as experienced, and willing to take the risk so I reassembled it and rode. Never had a hiccup from it. Got nervous on my last topend so I replaced it.
97 Kdx200
Summuda goodies.... But not quite enough.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Same of mine just crumbled off when cleaning it. Musta been some strong ass cleaner eh ?!? Mine was the last tooth also. I'd say its fairly common.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Sounds like tooth decay. Maybe we oughta be flossing more.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:lol:

FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

Just got off the phone with Jeff Fredette. What a nice guy. Pretty nice to call a shop and speak to THE MAN himself. Had everything I needed in stock an was straight up honest with all his answers. He also said don't worry about replacing the gear, LOL since there is no real pressure on it and that last tooth just barely touchs the rod, it won't make any difference at all. That little bastard cost $55.00 bux :shock:

I ordered some other goodies from him and look foward to continuing the Pimp My KDX program with some FRP parts. :supz:
03 220R
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Yep, try $110au for one over here, but guess what ?? They don't even have one in Australia. 6-8 week wait if I wanted one, I also chose to leave it broke.....

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Well cough it up !!! What new parts dya get, hmmm ???

FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you :evil:

LOL I ordered an FRP chain guide, 38kg fork springs (the other shop I was waiting on for a set of Eibach springs from White Brothers kept giving me the run around so I canceled them and got my money back. besides Jeff was $30.00 cheaper, can't beat $70 bux for new springs IMO). I also got a FRP rear disc gaurd and a one piece handle bar top clamp. :grin: Oh yeah and some used bolts to. Jeff said after I see his used stuff I'll never buy new parts again LOL :partyman:
03 220R
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Cool... Not to burst your bubble BUT..... you could have got genuine honda .38s (hot wound) for less than $80us. Then you could have scrapped the foot long (well not really a foot long) stock steel spacer. No biggie, theres a fair few guys running Fredettes springs.

jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I've had good luck with .wwwbikebandit.com . They have a link to the Kawasaki company parts site. You jsut go through the questions and it'll pull up parts schematics and parts numbers. Then you just order them through Bike bandit. It's alot quicker than the dealer and you get the same parts, genuine Kawasaki.

Jon.