Finally bit the bullet

Got questions? We got answers....
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Finally bit the bullet

Post by frankenschwinn »

and bought a trials tire...

Dunlop D803. Riding rocks next Mon so I thought I would give it a try.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

riding davis?
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

Going to Talihina
gregp

Post by gregp »

Let us know how you like it. I am always afraid that they would not suit my aggressive riding style very well.
2004 Dual Sported KDX200
1999 Ninja 250 (Daughter's)
1996 DR 650 (stock, mostly street use)
skythrasher
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by skythrasher »

Not trying to hi-jack your thread, but that is the tire of choice for the Wildcat Ranch & the 11th Annual Almosta Race.

See thread over HERE
My Gallery
2001 KDX200
1987 KDX200
2002 CR250R
2016 KTM 350XCF-W Six Days
skythrasher
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by skythrasher »

I really like the trials tires, I have tried 4 different kinds they all perform well. Currently have the D803 on my 01 kdx200. Works on that bike flawless. It will work well at Tali.
My Gallery
2001 KDX200
1987 KDX200
2002 CR250R
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

>|<>QBB<
skythrasher wrote:Not trying to hi-jack your thread, but that is the tire of choice for the Wildcat Ranch & the 11th Annual Almosta Race.

See thread over HERE
Have wanted to do this race for the last two years but I have my kids for New years day.

Is Wildcat ranch open for riding any other time of the year?

Next year for sure.
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

>|<>QBB<
gregp wrote:Let us know how you like it. I am always afraid that they would not suit my aggressive riding style very well.
I am a pretty aggressive rider. Hoping I like it. Hope it lasts too as I am tired of buying 4 sets of tires a year...
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

They hold up pretty well. The MT43 lasts longer, but doesn't grip quite as well as the d803. It's got stiffer sidewalls and tread, so may be better for aggressive riding if you find the dunlop to be too squishy. I think you'll like it though.

On a side note, I was out at one of our other hospitals yesterday, and saw a trailer loaded up with bikes. ktm300, kx500, and some 4$ yammi thing. The kx and ktm were both sporting d803's.
OLHILLBILLY
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by OLHILLBILLY »

>|<>QBB<
frankenschwinn wrote:>|<>QBB<
gregp wrote:Let us know how you like it. I am always afraid that they would not suit my aggressive riding style very well.
I am a pretty aggressive rider. Hoping I like it. Hope it lasts too as I am tired of buying 4 sets of tires a year...
Some A/B riders using them on big bore 4 strokes and at least one Husky 300 here at Chadwick. Not going to get much more aggressive than that unless your just trying to tear one up. Then the KDX will be hard pressed to produce enough power to do the trick.
You going to be over this way anytime next week?
2004 KDX 200.. Coupla mods
2009 KX250F.. Track Star
2007 Hayabusa.. Street Madness
skythrasher
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by skythrasher »

Have wanted to do this race for the last two years but I have my kids for New years day.

Next year for sure.
Not open for public riding, but opportunities to ride do come about relatively often. I don't know how old your kids are, but it is a great event with all kinds of spectator opportunity. Bring them along. We will be getting the race course final prepped on Friday and Saturday. You are welcome to come ride and help with that if you would like.

This is gonna be the best one yet and the extended forecast is showing very favorable weather.

If there is anything at all we can do to help anyone make it to this event, we will. Just let us know, if your kids are of the older variety, we can put them to work as course workers. Sort of a built in baby sitter.
My Gallery
2001 KDX200
1987 KDX200
2002 CR250R
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

>|<>QBB<
skythrasher wrote:

Next year for sure.
Not open for public riding, but opportunities to ride do come about relatively often. I don't know how old your kids are, but it is a great event with all kinds of spectator opportunity. Bring them along. We will be getting the race course final prepped on Friday and Saturday. You are welcome to come ride and help with that if you would like.

This is gonna be the best one yet and the extended forecast is showing very favorable weather.

If there is anything at all we can do to help anyone make it to this event, we will. Just let us know, if your kids are of the older variety, we can put them to work as course workers. Sort of a built in baby sitter.
Sadly my kids are too young at 4 and 8.

Post here or PM me or let me know of an email list. Would love to ride the place. Would love to race it even more.
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

>|<>QBB<
OLHILLBILLY wrote:>|<>QBB<
frankenschwinn wrote:>|<>QBB<
Some A/B riders using them on big bore 4 strokes and at least one Husky 300 here at Chadwick. Not going to get much more aggressive than that unless your just trying to tear one up. Then the KDX will be hard pressed to produce enough power to do the trick.
You going to be over this way anytime next week?
I have opted for a shorter drive. Going to Talihina, OK for some Mountain riding.