Recommended Settings - Trail Tech Computer

Got questions? We got answers....
Arkmage

Recommended Settings - Trail Tech Computer

Post by Arkmage »

Howdy,

I got a trail tech vector for christmas and I'm trying to determine what would be good settings for the following:

- "High Coolant Temp"
- "Danger Coolant Temp"
- Oil Change Reminder (600 miles per manual)
- Maintenance Reminder (hours/miles for checking/replacing the rings. manual says 600 miles but that sounds a bit off from reading on here)

The bike will also get used on the street occasionally once I plate it next month. Mostly when I'm waiting on parts for my daily driver (wr250x) or if I can't hit the trails for a few weeks and need to run some fuel through it.

*edit* bike is a 2005 KDX200, stock.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

oil change every 600 MILES??? WTF? I change my oil every couple rides. Prolly every 75 kms... Weird
Fletch
89 kdx 200 with 99 rm125 forks
Arkmage

Post by Arkmage »

I think it depends a lot on riding style. If you are in tight technical stuff and slip the clutch a lot more frequent changes are needed.

So nobody knows that the temperature limits are on these bikes? I'll try calling trail tech, they may have a recommendation.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

I kinda just go by the amount of coolant coming from the over flow. :lol: If there is none than your good, if there is a lot you need to go easy for a bit.
You could hook it all up and go for a ride and see where it normally runs and add 10 or 15 deg to that. They will get hotter in tighter stuff and hill climes than they do going down the road.

Let us know what you find.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I can't remember which but juliend or Slick Nick installed the little stick on engine temp indicators. Whichever it was, maybe he can chime in with average op temps.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Arkmage

Post by Arkmage »

Thanks for the input. It's always appreciated. I'll let you know what I find the "avg" temp to be after I get it out on the trails and the road for a bit.