looking into kdx's please give me your input

Got questions? We got answers....
jeremy1243

looking into kdx's please give me your input

Post by jeremy1243 »

i am a newb to the sport of dirtbikes, but not to 2 cycle engines, i currently own a very modded yamaha blaster atv but am looking to get a good woods bike that i can use for just about any type of riding, it needs to be able to make it thru nasty ass situations, i mainly ride the flat corn feilds and some trials, some of the trails are tight and some are open, i'v really been looking into the kdx, i'm 15, but i am a large kid, standing 6'2 and 160 pounds, i get very easily bored with power, the thing that really turned me onto the kdx was all the good i'v heard about it, i was looking into ktm 200 exc bikes, but the kdx seemed like just as good of a choice, so now here the main question, kdx 200 or kdx 220? i have heard that the 220 doesn't have alot of top end, i looove low end power, but i would like top end too, i also plan on hitting up the mx track from time to time, so from a kdx owners view, is a kdx 220 a good bike for me?
factoryX

Post by factoryX »

kdx200 is a good choice, and so would any 125, especially if you intend to ride track. I would go with either a 125 or maybe a ktm200.
jeremy1243

Post by jeremy1243 »

i'v considered 125's but i don't want something i have to keep revved out so much
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Typically the KDX in stock form can do just about anything. But jumping is not one of it's shining moments with out work to the suspension.

The 220 can be made to go fast as well, it just depends on the amount of money you want to throw at it.

If you are looking for a power house you may want to look further. The kdx makes all the power you need just at times not as much as you want.

Most people on here favor the 200 but there is many that love the 220. To each there own.

The KDX will be probably cheaper and easier to find than a KTM.

Welcome to the group.
gsa102
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by gsa102 »

If you are trail riding, the KDX will most likely cost less to keep running. The KTMs are race bikes and take more TLC and $$.

In the woods I am actually faster on my KDX200 than on a WR450. I can't use all that power very often. Open fields or big hillclimbs are a different story.
This is my rifle, this is my gun, the YZ to go fast, the KDX is for fun!

96 KDX 200, 09 YZ 250
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

kdx200, and when you can, swap in forks from an MX bike to make it more capable on your mx track visits.

KTM200/250/300 EXC are great bikes also.