Fox Pilot Pro

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXer
Supporting Member

Fox Pilot Pro

Post by KDXer »

I have been offered a brand new one for $200au. What's the catch you ask ?? Well its got blue on it. :?

Is it against the rules to wear a blue helmet on a green bike ?? :roll:

Anyone got one that they could comment on ??

I see them listed at $200us so I think it's a pretty good deal. Any comments welcomed....

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

That's the helmet I use Trev! They were selling for about $380US a couple of years ago when I got mine. I got a damaged one (slight cosmetic blemish) for $100.

Blue? No problem!!!! I think the KDX early models came with some blue parts like seat cover and such. I have the translucent blue chest protector from Fox. Blue and Green are great together. Red, however, would make you look like it's Christmas.

Here's a shot of my blue chest protector. To see my helmet, check my gallery:

Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Thanks Ski. They retail over here for $499au.

How do they compare comfort wise ??

How does the liner hold up to washing ??

What is the ventilation like ??

Sorry about all the questions but I don't want to pass up a deal (even though I AM supposed to be saving for the Airstriker / head mods / seat / rear fender / etc, etc)

Cheers fella.... :grin:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

I think blue is acceptable

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

KAY DEE EXER wrote:Thanks Ski. They retail over here for $499au.

How do they compare comfort wise ??

How does the liner hold up to washing ??

What is the ventilation like ??

Sorry about all the questions but I don't want to pass up a deal (even though I AM supposed to be saving for the Airstriker / head mods / seat / rear fender / etc, etc)

Cheers fella.... :grin:
I've never noticed the comfort of the helmet so I guess that means it's pretty comfortable!!! The liner holds up well, but I recommend a do-rag to keep the majority of sweat off it between washings. It is vented pretty well. Yesterday's ride got up to 85 degrees. I stop every once in a while and squirt some water from my camelbak onto my helmet liner or do-rag for added cooling. As long as I'm moving and air is flowing over the helmet, I stay comfortable.
I say to go for the helmet if it fits you right and there is nothing physically wrong with it. (Other than a scratch or two, that is)
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

I had a Green Pilot Pro until I cracked the mouth guard. :shock: Obviously, since I'm writing this, it worked well for it's intended purpose.

It sat low on my neck and this became uncomfortable on longer rides. It also was uncomfortable on my right ear and this also became bothersome on longer rides. Lastly, it did not vent as well as I had hoped. It was no hotter than my HJC, but I had expected it to flow better. This was only annoying in the summer (110 degrees in the shade). In the cooler months, it wasn't too bad.

All that being said...Helmet comfort is different for each person. HJC and Troy Lee helmets fit me great. FOX, One Industries, AGV are less comfortable for me. Other people I know are the exact opposite. If the helmet fits you like it is supposed to, and it's comfortable...Sounds like a good deal. :partyman:

Later
Robb
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Thanks guys. It is a brand new helmet. I have it in my hot little hands now. I appreciate the input.