Time for another rebuild - Help pick the best parts!!!

Got questions? We got answers....
SCREAM

Post by SCREAM »

>|<>QBB<
Klammer wrote:Hyde skid plate with integral pipe guard. Tougher than any aluminum guard and you slip over the rocks and stumps instead of gouging and sticking on an aluminum plate+ best protection for your pipe hands down.. Hyde fork and disc guard, Hyde swingarm and rear disc guard. Hyde frame protectors. = one well protected 220!
got any pics of your bike with all this armor?
Klammer

Post by Klammer »

>|<>QBB<
SCREAM wrote:>|<>QBB<
Klammer wrote:Hyde skid plate with integral pipe guard. Tougher than any aluminum guard and you slip over the rocks and stumps instead of gouging and sticking on an aluminum plate+ best protection for your pipe hands down.. Hyde fork and disc guard, Hyde swingarm and rear disc guard. Hyde frame protectors. = one well protected 220!
got any pics of your bike with all this armor?
I only have the skid plate with intgral pipe guard on my bike. I have an 89 KDX 200 and Hyde doesn't make anything for it. I bought the skid plate/pipe guard for a later model and modified it to work on my bike. The thing is tough as nails. I have been beating on it for about a year on narly rocky single track here in SoCal and the thing seems indestructable. I have zero dents in my pipe.
I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.
Klammer
SCREAM

Post by SCREAM »

i just checked out their stuff. that skid plate/pipe guard looks sweet, stuff's kinda pricey but if it lasts.......
Klammer

Post by Klammer »

>|QBB<[/url]
SCREAM wrote:i just checked out their stuff. that skid plate/pipe guard looks sweet, stuff's kinda pricey but if it lasts.......
Here's a few pics of my ride.
Image[/url][/img]
Image[/url]
[/img]Image
Image[/url]
I believe this plate will last many years of abuse.[/img]
Klammer
ktm950se

Post by ktm950se »

Thanks for the pics! :supz:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Dude, may I just say..

Holy ****. Beautiful E bike! Have you got that put up in the members rides section? I don't remember seeing it.
deltap
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by deltap »

:shock:
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Time for another rebuild - Help pick the best parts!!!

Post by 6 Riders »

Klammer......where did you find that skid plate at? And the frame guards? How did you source this stuff?
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Trail Ryder

Post by Trail Ryder »

Hi Everyone,

I just picked up a nice 1996 KDX 200 for a spare / loaner bike. Since this is not my main ride, I am looking to spend as little as possible.

Anyone know of a cheap plastic or aluminum skid plate that just goes up the center and will not hold mud, like so many of the skid plates out there?

Thanks!
1995 Kawasaki KDX 200 (For Sale)
2007 KTM 300 XC-W (For Sale, Maybe)
2014 KTM XCF-W 350
2014 Ski-Doo XRS 800 ETEC
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Trail Ryder wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just picked up a nice 1996 KDX 200 for a spare / loaner bike. Since this is not my main ride, I am looking to spend as little as possible.

Anyone know of a cheap plastic or aluminum skid plate that just goes up the center and will not hold mud, like so many of the skid plates out there?

Thanks!
It's called a frame slider/frame guard. I believe that RMATV sells them, about $70. You might be able to find them on E-Bay also.
Um RM sells this one http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/t/115 ... kid-Plates it's $62 and helps protect the water pump. Not a bad idea on a loaner bike.
Motorcycle super store sells the frame slider http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/13 ... skid-plate but it's more $.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Trail Ryder

Post by Trail Ryder »

6 Riders wrote: It's called a frame slider/frame guard. I believe that RMATV sells them, about $70. You might be able to find them on E-Bay also.
Um RM sells this one http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/t/115 ... kid-Plates it's $62 and helps protect the water pump. Not a bad idea on a loaner bike.
Motorcycle super store sells the frame slider http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/13 ... skid-plate but it's more $.
Thanks, I like this Works Connection one as it appears that it would accumulate very little mud:

But it is pricey for what it is.

Whereas the Ricochet from RM is priced fairly, it appears that it would hold a lot of mud.

Does anyone know of a plastic "slide" plate that fits the KDX? Thanks.
1995 Kawasaki KDX 200 (For Sale)
2007 KTM 300 XC-W (For Sale, Maybe)
2014 KTM XCF-W 350
2014 Ski-Doo XRS 800 ETEC
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Time for another rebuild - Help pick the best parts!!!

Post by 6 Riders »

Got one sitting in my garage. Haven't been able to source a new one. I have one of the first one pictured on my E and the 2nd on my H, I'd say they hold about the same amount of gunk. It seems to me the one on the H (ricochet) is much easier to clean out in the end.