KDX for the kid?

Got questions? We got answers....
4Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 4Rider »

Skipro3: Don't think I said, but my name is Mark.

Jason: Some photos of the "Gods Must Be Crazy" Rovers:

I've never posted photos here before. Hope they come through or I'll be asking more annoying questions........

Mark
'02 KDX 220, '06 KTM 525 EXC Dualsport (CA Plated) '00 KTM 640 Adventure R (for sale), '04 KTM 400 EXC, '96 Honda XR400R Dualsport (CA Plated), Were not lost, we're right here......
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

COOL! :grin: I am glad you caught my reference. They look pretty much just like the one in the movie. Is the one on top right hand drive, too? That's pretty dang cool, but I don't know how good that would be for him starting to learn how to drive in the USA. :grin:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
4Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 4Rider »

The top one is a '65 Series II with 58,000 original miles. It was a North American Specification model imported new to the US, so it is right-hand drive.

The bottom one is a '72 Series III recently imported from South Africa (the plate on the left side is genuine). It was used on a ranch as a general utility vehicle. I have the hard top for it, but it way more cool to cruise around sans-top.

The boy actually wants the right-hand drive model, probably because it would be fairly unique. Unfortunately, he is already over 6'2" at age 14. If he grows much more he won't be able to fit in either one.
'02 KDX 220, '06 KTM 525 EXC Dualsport (CA Plated) '00 KTM 640 Adventure R (for sale), '04 KTM 400 EXC, '96 Honda XR400R Dualsport (CA Plated), Were not lost, we're right here......
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Thanks for the information. Those are really unique vehicles.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
parker72001

Post by parker72001 »

that car is sweet, anyway back to the question at hand, kdx is a sweet bike, i just got a 220 last year for my first bike and i don't think it had too much power, just enough to scare me into trying pretty hard not to crash, :lol: , but yeah if your son has experience it will be a piece of cake, i'm ready for upgrades now and he will be to in no time, 6'2'' at fourteen, that's crazy, i was about 5'7'' at fourteen, now i'm seventeen at 6'5''. i grew pretty fast. anyway, you should buy him one!!! :supz:
parker
Parker Woods, 20 years old,
'04 KDX 220R