All- balls lower link rebuild kit

Got questions? We got answers....
cornishwrecker220

All- balls lower link rebuild kit

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

just stripped the lower linkage bearings on my 220 & replaced them with all-balls items, have noticed that the new kit comes with x4 thin washers however i`m not too sure as to where these washers belong as my O.E items never had them...has anyone here fitted all-balls bearings to their 200/220 if so where did you fit these washers...i can only think that perhaps x2 go between the lower link bearing & lower swing arm bearing & the remaining x2 fit between the lower frame mount & lower link ??? cant see anything in my workshop manual so perhaps they could be an upgrade of some sort to help keep the crud out of the bearings??
OLHILLBILLY
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by OLHILLBILLY »

Hmm, no idea. Shouldn't need any washers anywhere. I used a Pivot Works kit on mine and it didn't have anything like that with it.
2004 KDX 200.. Coupla mods
2009 KX250F.. Track Star
2007 Hayabusa.. Street Madness
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Might be the kit will fit more bikes than the KDX and the washers might be extra.
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

all balls

Post by canamfan »

I used the all balls kit on mine and put the washers on each end of the dog bone shaped link. Seems like it made it move a little smoother.
petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

Hi, the washers you have are used on some models like the Kdx SR.....

As in part no 92025 in this link http://www.megazip.ru/ru/bike/kawasaki/ ... 4471#g4497

But on the 220 diagram they are no longer used.
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

i managed to squeeze 1 washer between the frame & swingarm bush, this seemed to take up the ever so slight gap but once tightened down the play was non exsistant..the othe 2 washers i placed on 1 of each `bones` ( x1 l/h side & x1 r/h side) again this made the `bones` line up perfect..as someone mentiond before i think you need a fraction of play to allow for assembly & grease/lube.