KDX200 jetting questions.....

Got questions? We got answers....
jack10525

KDX200 jetting questions.....

Post by jack10525 »

Well I just rebuilt the engine but I think the carb needs to be tweaked. I've checked for air leaks around the head, cylinder and intake. Didn't find any. Can anybody tell me what the stock jets are for my bike and maybe which way I should go to improve it. Right now the bike starts right up first or second kick with no choke. It will idle kinda high until it warms up a little then the idle comes down some. Also it really stumbles in the low end and only once in a while will rev clean when riding. It seems as if it's not getting fuel at the right time. I've disassembled the carb and cleaned it out. I checked the float height also. Put it back on and it starts right up but still has hessitation. I want to say the main jet was 48 and the needle was 174 maybe. Also the clip was on the lowest position. I moved it to the middle position. I have a FMF Gnarly pipe and FMF silencer. I also have a weisco piston that makes a difference. I'm at sea level (south florida) and I run 40-1 gas. Thanks for any help.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Jack,
As a starting point I would use a 155 main, and a 48 pilot (This should make you a tad rich) and get yourself a 152, 150 main and a 45, 42 and 40 pilot for fine tuning. Needle should be close by one clip position either way. You should get a better needle profile by getting a CEK (very snappy) DEK (a little more forgiving) These are available from SUDCO or RBDESIGNS. Links to both are on the links page.

The closer to sea-level you get the richer you want it... That should get you in the ball park.

You can check others jetting in the "Bike Profiles" forum.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jack10525

Post by jack10525 »

Thanks Inda..... :supz: