Raped ape....

Got questions? We got answers....
sexpanther34

Raped ape....

Post by sexpanther34 »

I installed my woods pipe on my 98 200 and am most impressed with it now! I didn't think a pipe would real make such a huge difference, but I stand corrected. My new silencer and 12 tooth sprocket will be here Wednesday. So I can finally take off the 11 tooth front sprocket. I also would like to thank everyone who has given me advice and help from this site. It is greatly appreciated.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

glad you like it

i had the same effect when i installed my bills pipe
now when i run through the gears i cant keep the front end down untill i get into 4th
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
sexpanther34

Post by sexpanther34 »

Haha! Yeah I installed it and while I was putting on my riding gear, my dad hopped on there and ran it down the drive way and almost looped it. He came back with a huge smile, that his xr250 won't give him
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Awesome. Yes, the expansion chamber is a very important aspect for a 2 stroke.

When I first got my kdx, I cut, gutted, and re-welded the stock pipe. That made a HUGE difference. It was pretty beat up though, and got more beat up as I got used to the bike, so I replaced with a DG enduro pipe. Some difference there, but not a whole lot. I have also tried an FMF fatty, but I liked the wider spread on the DG a bit better. Moral of the story, if you have an E bike, gutting the stock pipe is a nice cheap boost and nearly matches an aftermarket pipe.
sexpanther34

Post by sexpanther34 »

My next kdx will be an e series.