Spark Plug Wrench Recommendations?

Got questions? We got answers....
SpudRider

Spark Plug Wrench Recommendations?

Post by SpudRider »

I did not get the Kawasaki, spark plug wrench when I acquired my 98 KDX220. :sad: Originally, I planned to buy a Motion Pro Ratchet Spark Plug Wrench. However, after examining the bike, I noticed only a small space exists between the back of the spark plug, and the engine block. :roll: Therefore, I fear the ratchet spark plug wrench might not fit in the small space provided. Perhaps I should buy a thin-walled, MSR plug wrench, instead? I can see this thin-walled, spark plug wrench will definitely fit in the tight space between the spark plug and engine block.

In contrast, the Motion Pro Ratchet Spark Plug Wrench is much larger in diameter, and might not fit in the small space available.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the ratchet spark plug wrench will work for my KDX220?

Spud :grin:
98 KDX 220, 05 Honda XR650L, 06 Zongshen 200GY-2
SCREAM

Post by SCREAM »

The Motion Pro will absolutely not fit. Personal experience :mad:
SpudRider

Post by SpudRider »

>|QBB<[/url]
SCREAM wrote:The Motion Pro will absolutely not fit. Personal experience :mad:
Thank you very much! I'm going to order the Tusk Spark Plug Wrench from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. :grin:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/produ ... ilyId=9499

diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

if the FRP riders wrench is still available you may want to consider that one aswell

there is a little write up on it in the "tools" section of the forum but the pictures seem to have gone dead
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
SpudRider

Post by SpudRider »

>|QBB<[/url]
diymirage wrote:if the FRP riders wrench is still available you may want to consider that one aswell

there is a little write up on it in the "tools" section of the forum but the pictures seem to have gone dead
Thank you. :grin: Besides the spark plug wrench, I plan to get a Tusk Racer Axle Wrench. Since I have 1995, KX500 forks on my bike, I plan to get the 22/27mm version, instead of the 17/27mm version. :wink:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/produ ... lyId=13067

Here's a photograph of the FRP Riders Wrenches from the FRP website.

Since the Tusk Racer Axle Wrench also includes a spark plug wrench, I don't need to buy both wrenches. However, I think the Tusk Spark Plug Wrench might be easier to use, and it doesn't cost much, so I am going to purchase both wrenches. :wink:

gsa102
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by gsa102 »

I have one similar to the tusk, only wish the handle was a little longer. Looks like the tusk one is.
This is my rifle, this is my gun, the YZ to go fast, the KDX is for fun!

96 KDX 200, 09 YZ 250