pyro .sympathetic.maniac

Got questions? We got answers....
trailcutter

pyro .sympathetic.maniac

Post by trailcutter »

gots me a 2003 kdx 200 that i have set up for very tight OZ single tk,, is geared 49-13 from memory ,,works near perfect but due to the extreme nature off the tecnical riding and i am a fit 100+ kg i am inclined to modulate the clutch a lot on the v-steep hill climbs to keep the little stroker on the power..

hence it is inclined to heat up and actuate warning light a lot,, this aint an issue but ,, i am inclined to mechanical sympathy so am letting it cool a touch b4 pressing onward and upwards ...so to speak!

the ozzie version came with a red warning light in speedo,,,,that lit up when engine coolant was getting hot ,,, before boiling point...does anyone have any idea what the temp for switch/ warning light ,,might be???

Having lovingly setup/ restored the bike i am reluctant to boil the titties off it but would like to know if the warning light is coming on at a conservitave temperature...

any ideas....?
pain is inevitable,,,,,,,suffering is optional.

kdx 200-2003
klx 450r-2009
ktm 625 sxc-06
flhrc 2011
tirebiter

Post by tirebiter »

The warning switch, Kawasaki part# 27010-1199, is located on one of your radiators. Kawasaki doesn't list the heat range in their parts diagram, but the heat range of thermal switches is usually located on the switch. Look for numbers like 100 on 95 off, etc. Those numbers are in Celsius...
If I can't do it, I'm sure someone else can!
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Good question.

It sounds like you need a second opinion on the temp. Maybe one of those color changing stick-on temp indicators.
......reluctant to boil the titties off it .......
:lol: :lol:
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

i bought my temp strips from `pro circuit` i stuck 1 on the lower part of the rad & 1 on the cylinder..they werent too expensive (3 per pack) & work fine :grin:
trailcutter

Post by trailcutter »

thanks for the replys

i will put my good eye,s on and see if i cant spot any numbers on switch.

cheers
pain is inevitable,,,,,,,suffering is optional.

kdx 200-2003
klx 450r-2009
ktm 625 sxc-06
flhrc 2011