Amsoil?

Got questions? We got answers....
gregp

Amsoil?

Post by gregp »

I have been running Amsoil 2 cycle for a couple of months now. I was using the Dominator "Racing" oil, but yesterday my dealer was out of it, so I bought some "Interceptor". I do not think that I will have any issues mixing it with what is left of the premixed "Dominator" in my tank. The "Interceptor" oil is brown in color. I do not like that, as it does not change the color of the fuel it is mixed with.
While I was there, at the shop, I saw that Amsoil also sells a "Saber" 2cycle oil with a recommended 100:1 ratio! At least it was blue in color. I picked it up and considered it, but I thought better of it and put it down. Does anybody here run the "Saber" brand? At 100:1?
2004 Dual Sported KDX200
1999 Ninja 250 (Daughter's)
1996 DR 650 (stock, mostly street use)
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I don't think anyone around here runs 100:1. There's just no reason to. If anyone does, please correct me. I'd be interested in your results.

As for the interceptor, I prefer it to dominator. It's more suited to the KDX than the dominator, wich is designed for MX. You'll have less deposits and buildup from the interceptor.