Clutch ? short form

Got questions? We got answers....
ez

Clutch ? short form

Post by ez »

01 kdx200 clutch never really disengaged enough . now installing dynaring. it works but not just right.after studying it i think i need another washer or 2 between the shaft and throwout bearing to push the plates farther apart looking at parts diagram it says as required for the washer. anyone else done this?...tried searching key words for this answer seemed to get everything but.. Thanks Barry
jumping is no problem however landing is another story
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Yep, some KDX's require a washer. Check your manual for setting the proper positioning of your clutch lever which is what the washer is for.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
ez

Post by ez »

Mine has 1 washer but i think i need another at least. was going to make one but didn't have a close drill bit.the major adjustment problem is I can't seem to get the cable tight enough (now and before)to make it disengage completly
jumping is no problem however landing is another story
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Your cable could be stretched and in need of being replaced. If the clutch arm position is good, and you can't adjust the cable any further, it's time for a new cable.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
SOARSKI
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Clutch ? short form

Post by SOARSKI »

>|<>QBB<
ez wrote:01 kdx200 clutch never really disengaged enough . now installing dynaring. it works but not just right.after studying it i think i need another washer or 2 between the shaft and throwout bearing to push the plates farther apart looking at parts diagram it says as required for the washer. anyone else done this?...tried searching key words for this answer seemed to get everything but.. Thanks Barry

"Not just right"? What is the bike doing or not doing?

Manual says you can only add a maximum of two washers. I believe the point of these washers is to adjust the clutch release lever angle between 80-90 degrees, increasing the throw? and maximizing the leverage of the mechanicals. See Manual 5-6. I installed a dynaring just a few months ago and added a washer for a total of 2 washers. It made the angle better but I don't think I saw a difference performance wise, maybe a little easier to pull the clutch lever. If you are unable to achieve this angle with two washers something else is worn out. Did you check the clutch springs? Mine were out of spec. Do you have play in the cable or is it tight and can you tighten it further? Condition of the clutch basket looked good?

When I first installed my dynaring I had some minor problems also. Something just wasn't quite right. I could of swore it was acting A$$ backward. After talking to Allen at Revloc for a few minutes I reinstalled the clutch paying close attention at making sure the springs were seating properly and clutch pack remained tight throughout the install. It took a couple times bought I caught my mistakes.

I posted my issue and the solutions. See if it helps.
http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=