Twin Air filters

Got questions? We got answers....
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Twin Air filters

Post by IdahoCharley »

Just a note concerning Twin Air filters that I bought for my boy's KDX 200.

The center hole was very small on both filters I bought. Used the filters a couple of times each and then noticed that one of the holes was just starting to tear a little bit. Had to really stretch the foam to fit the filter basket.

I used a 30 cal shell casing to "punch" the center hole in both filters a little larger. Have used both filters a couple of more times and thought I would pass this tip on.

FWIW - The 30 caliber hole still has the filter foam tight around the hold down on the filter's basket, but allows for easier install and removal without risking tearing the filter media.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I've noticed the super tight fit too... never thought much about it except... "damn that's tight!" Now I gotta go look at my filters.... Thanks for the heads up...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I hook it over one end, then slide it around the other side. It seems to work OK that way.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Using a shell casing to make holes for homemade gaskets is another useful tip. Thanks for your's Charley. I wouldn't have thought to use a shell casing for that.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I would have never thought of that one! The shell casing is a great idea!!!!!!!! :supz:

Jon.
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Like Skipro said - shell casings are good for gaskets too. 22 cal very handy but only survive one or two holes.

I have a leather punch which I've used for punching bolt holes in home made gaskets but some of the locator pins etc. are better served by a proper size casing. I normally buy gaskets but when the gaslets are not in stock it is sometimes necessary to make your own if you really want to ride. Of course silicone gasket sealer is normally a good option also for missing gaskets as long as you don't get too carried away with it. :wink:
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Before I forget, some info about filter skins. Some of you may know this but you can get filter skins from pool shops. To save money, go to a pool shop and buy pool filter socks. Exaclty the same product at a third of the cost. I saw 5 skins for $7 at the local pool shop and priced a set of 3 at a bike shop for $28.........guess which ones I'm getting. BTW if you ask for filter 'skins', dont be suprised if they look at ya funny. :rolleyes:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Thanks for the tip, KAY DEE EXER. I have never heard that one.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Awesome tip Trev. I'm going shopping!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

My pleasure, glad to actually contribute. It's a change from Aussie slang lessons. :lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Thanks for the info KDE - when I first read "pool socks" I could only think of the billard game and wondered WTF is he talking about.

Then I thought maybe they wear special socks when they play touraments in Australia: sometimes I can't believe how narrow my thinking is. I'm not a water person so it did not dawn on me until you said 'pool shop'.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Said 'socks' are not like 'outerwears' for filters, but a useable replacement for a dual-layer foam filter?

Besides being a common term for some fashion footwear, what I get from Google is closer to a filter 'bag' than a filter.

Maybe that was the point....???

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:lol: Socks, HA, whadda ya crazy !?! Formal billiard attire consists of stubbies, singlet and thongs...

Conversion Table...

STUBBIES- Short, shorts for guys. As I'm sure you can picture, very attractive.... NOT :? Refer to PIC 1.SINGLET- Well you should know what they are....

THONGS- No not one of those anal flossers that puncey brazillians men wear, but similar to what I think you call flip flops....

PIC 1.

:partyman:

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I can't even see your bike on your trailer.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Lmao Jason. Nah me bikes in the pawn shop till nex week, right.... :razz:

http://www.directpoolsupplies.com.au/prod662.htm

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Nice nipple ring you have there Trev.
Jerry

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Dude! Why are you checking out his tit(s)?!! :mrgreen: :lol: Just messing with ya.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Isn't that Mad Max's family car? :?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Dats me panel van right, and she goes like the clappers right. Dun be messing wiff my ride, kay !!! BTW Max is my second cousins, brothers, auntys uncle.

Oh and why thank you for the flattering comments on my nipple jewelery, glad someone noticed. :oops: :lol:

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Indawoods is right. It DOES look like the Mad Max family car! However, whoever that guy really is, he looks more like Sad Max than Mad Max. :lol: