KDX 200 Rear light not working

Got questions? We got answers....
kms432

KDX 200 Rear light not working

Post by kms432 »

I have a 2006 KDX 200 and the rear light will not work for long. I have replaced the bulb two times recently and the light will work for a brief time and then both times after a brief ride I look back and notice that its no longer working. What could be causing this?
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Are you using the correct bulb?
kms432

Post by kms432 »

rbates9 wrote:Are you using the correct bulb?
the bulb i've been using is a 12v10w. I put them in and they work for short while and then stops.
gsa102
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by gsa102 »

Does the headlight work? If it is blowing bulbs I would check the voltage at the light while the bike is revved up to make sure it doesn't go above 14V. If it does, the voltage regulator is bad or has a bad ground connection.
This is my rifle, this is my gun, the YZ to go fast, the KDX is for fun!

96 KDX 200, 09 YZ 250
kms432

Post by kms432 »

gsa102 wrote:Does the headlight work? If it is blowing bulbs I would check the voltage at the light while the bike is revved up to make sure it doesn't go above 14V. If it does, the voltage regulator is bad or has a bad ground connection.
The headlight works fine. I think it still has the original bulb in it. The rear light, however, i've replaced twice and would only work for a short while and then would stop.
Brian
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Brian »

If you are not using an origonal style bulb made for high vibration areas you are gonna go through a lot of bulbs. The ones you buy at your automotive store are not built to withstand the vibration levels found on a motorcycle. Rev your bike sometime and watch the tail light buzz and jiggle.

Or... there could be something else wrong. :mrgreen:
KX 250, KDX 220, KDX 220, KDX 200, CR 80

I don't believe in a society where the thrill of living is traded for the safety of existance---Nick Inatsch
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

Put a LED bulb in there from Auto Zone and be done with it..