kdx 125 1993 B1 With no spark

Got questions? We got answers....
geordie2k11

kdx 125 1993 B1 With no spark

Post by geordie2k11 »

hi i was wondering if anyone could help me, i have a kdx 125 B1 1993, the gearbox went on it so i replaced it and remounted the engine, once remounted the bike would not start, i found that i have no spark, i have replaced the ignition coil, cdi, rectifier, and still no joy the stator coil is still charging the battery with ever kick i turn it over with, but still no spark, can anyone help? :(
geordie2k11

Post by geordie2k11 »

iv had a slight break through with this problem i discovered that when i flick the kill switch to off and run i get the occasional spark while kicking it over (with the spark plug out) but when the kill switch is set to run it wont spark and it wont spark when set to off either (i pretty much expected it not to run when set to off) any ideas?
a journey not taken is a experience lost
chkdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by chkdx »

Kill switch sounds bad. Disconnect it completely and see what happens.
geordie2k11

Post by geordie2k11 »

sorted now :D very happy man now lol, i found to always double check connections and plugs i looked through the wires and found a bad connection sorted it and wahey so new gearbox i fitted my self 1st time i have ever took apart a bike engine lol and it works fine new piston has it feeling great :).
a journey not taken is a experience lost