new kdx guy here... lighting question

Got questions? We got answers....
paulkdx220

new kdx guy here... lighting question

Post by paulkdx220 »

hello, new to the forum, new to trail riding and new to an '01 kdx220 (this is my 1st season)

i love this bike, i love 2 strokes (i own a '75 kawasaki h1 street bike)...

so, i'll cut to the chase...

can i get a brighter stock headlight by simply upgrading the stator to higher wattage and then solder a jumper across the stock bulb contacts to make use of both filaments simultaneously? i understand that a single filament is 30 w approx.

who sells the biggest stator coil in terms of wattage?

i prefer the look of my stock headlight and number plate.

thanks,

paul

do HID kit's work on a stock headlight fixture and will it run off of AC current?
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

paulkdx220

Post by paulkdx220 »

i've started to read it. there's some really good info there. that's sort of how we test aircraft alternators at my previous work, except we use a test stand. the method is the same. keep applying loads until the voltage drops to about 13-ish volts and read off the amperage at that moment and compare to the specs.

i think my original statement is incorrect in thinking that i'll get more light by jumping the two 30w filaments of the orig. bulb with a beefed up stator.

is there a headlight bulb out there that will fit into the stock headlight socket that is higher than 30w?
Engineer5

Post by Engineer5 »

Here's a place that sells an upgraded stator.....http://www.steahlyoffroad.com/lighting/ ... -coil.html.

Like you I'd also like to keep the stock look to my light but find a more powerful bulb.
"Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured...but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."
paulkdx220

Post by paulkdx220 »

>|<>QBB<
Engineer5 wrote:Here's a place that sells an upgraded stator.....http://www.steahlyoffroad.com/lighting/ ... -coil.html.

Like you I'd also like to keep the stock look to my light but find a more powerful bulb.
i liked that stator, i was close to buying it. however rewinding it myself seemed like a good option too. maybe i'll just get it seeing as free time is a bit scarce.

do HID headlights and led tail lights work on our a/c systems somehow? if so is there a good system that fits up to our bikes that recommended?