Good KX Front End Deal?

Got questions? We got answers....
UI Vandal
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Good KX Front End Deal?

Post by UI Vandal »

While not an immediate concern of mine, it seems like a good deal on a front end swap.

"Complete front forks off a 1996 kx500. Includes triple trees, forks, and brake. Took off bike to install new ones and its all still together. I have a brand new set of steering stem bearings that will go as well."

100 OBO

I can use the same axle correct? Any other parts I would need or is it all there and ready to swap? Would I need to respring it/revalve it? I am 175 with gear, but I dont know how the KX500 frond end's are sprung when put on a lighter KDX. I figured that for the same price this winter I would be able to just respring my current forks. Or buy these, sell the old ones and be in it for the same cost but have better forks. Thanks!
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

You will need the wheel and axle or have your axle reworked to fit the forks.

The price sounds ok but you would have to find out why they are changing the forks. Are they all used up and need a complete over haul?

Any forks you find will most likely need to be sprung and valved to get the most out of them.
UI Vandal
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by UI Vandal »

*Pop*

*Fizzle*

Springs, valves, wheel and axle kind of negates the savings. Guess Ill just respring ($125) the stockers this winter with fresh oil and seals ($75) (maybe bushings if needed) and call it good.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

I wasn't trying to turn you off from a swap, just stating the other parts needed.

IMHO a fork swap is money well spent.