Other
30%

Total votes: 81

rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

What pipe to buy?

Post by rbates9 »

I recently hurt my pipe bad. (My own stupid fault.) and am thinking about a new pipe. The options seem to be the FMF Woods or a Pro circuit. I have a FMF Woods now but was wondering what the difference between the two is. It looks like the FMF is more popular but I am wondering why?

It will be going on a H 200 with mods.
Six Guns Cycle

Post by Six Guns Cycle »

I may be wrong and Im sure if I am someone will let me know, but I have a buddy who runs a procircuit pipe and it seemz to have a very broad power range focusing more on mid range power as where the fmf woods has more value at lower to mid rpm mostly focusing on the low power range and increase in torque off the bottom. I run the fmf woods pipe on my green machine and I got to say its a love hate relationship but, I don't think at this point I would want anything diffrent on my bike.
" I hate to advocate sex, drugs and rock and roll but, its always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompson
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

I ended up just going with the FMF woods again. New pipes sure are pretty. :grin:
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

could have tried this:
piperepair.com they did a great job on mine.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

well, I was blowing out the dents on the old pipe. (I practiced on another old pipe until I was good at it.) And I had all the things to get the dent out, 1, Beer 2, Heat 3, Air. Apparently I screwed up the recipe and ended up burning thru the pipe. Then I welded the holes shut and finished getting the dent out.

When I put the pipe back on it was way off from lining up with anything. I tweaked the pipe and got it to fit but there was alot of tension on everything. So with the help of a few more beers the decision was made to just go new. The pipe came off pretty hard to begin with due to a few too many get offs.

When the new pipe came it slid right on and lined right up perfect! Plus the new one is alot shinier.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

mine was tweaked too, they fixed that too.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

I might try that at some point. My old pipe was starting to get pretty rusty down by the inlet and was getting to look pretty rough with gouges and rust. :neutral: It looked like the guy I bought the bike off might have left it out side for a few seasons. :?
Six Guns Cycle

Post by Six Guns Cycle »

I still fill'em with water, cap'em up and freeze'em first to get the dents out, sometimes it works good, some times it don't. but, its always my first option before breakin out the torch and the beer. Well the beer is prolly already out lol.
" I hate to advocate sex, drugs and rock and roll but, its always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompson
Frysk

Post by Frysk »

I recently bought a DG exhaust (1991 KDX200) and its a bit of a midrange exhaust, stock exhaust had much more bottom end power...

I think I'm gonna perform surgery on my stock exhaust en experience wy everybody's claiming that a cut-up stock pipe performs extremely well :)

Hope I don't screw things up :blink:
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

if you do i have stock unit laying around
just come and pick it up :lol:
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
mattnzl

Post by mattnzl »

Still have the stock pipe :cry:
Would like a PC II/FMF, but shipping costs to NZ are prohibitive (ends up costing over $500 in my currency which is just too much for me to justify).